Contaminants in tea

Baisao

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Teafortea wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:15 pm
I process my own food as much as I am able too
What does that mean? I’m tired so I’m kinda slow at the moment, but I really don’t know what that means unless your experience of subsistence farming is different from my experience of subsistence farming.

The only things I didn’t process was grain, soap, and fuel. Some people had it better but there were lean times when things got serious, if you know what I mean.

——

I’m not saying this is you (hence the bar) but I’m sure you know the type. A lot of people get some laying hens or kid goats and think they are farmers now. They aren’t birthing or castrating livestock, they aren’t shoulder deep in some critter’s guts pulling out it’s trachea (and all that’s attached), or up all night processing the critter so it keeps. They’re picking eggs, washing off a little chicken shit, and think it’s poor man’s bliss.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:04 pm

TeaGrove wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:13 pm
I've a suspicious sandwich peeking mind....
Jerry Seinfeld monologue: "I was thinking the other day about hair -- & that the weird thing about it is that people will touch people's hair. You will actually kiss another human being, right on the head. But, if one of those hairs should somehow be able to get out of that skull & go off on its own, it is now the vilest, most disgusting thing that you can encounter. The same hair. People freak out. THERE WAS A HAIR IN MY EGG SALAD!"
TeaGrove

Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:29 pm

@Ethan Kurland :lol: ! It's even better when, after an internal meltdown, the realisation dawns that the mystery hair is your very own.
Teafortea

Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:18 am

There is a name for that: Chaetophobia: Fear of Hair
It could be the fear of hair ones own head or body, or that of others. Maybe it's being consumed with dread that a hair might end up in your food or on the furniture. It can even extend to animal hair.

😅 the struggle is real.