Exchange our "secret" teas

Bok
Vendor

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Actually, @Victoria you've had this Norbu Hongcha, right? How does it compare to Ethan's Championship Hongcha? That one is from Lishan.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm

Bok wrote:
Actually, Victoria you've had this Norbu Hongcha, right? How does it compare to Ethan's Championship Hongcha? That one is from Lishan.
I’ll need to revisit both. If I still have some of Norbu’s then maybe I can do a side by side to compare.
Bok
Vendor

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 pm

Victoria wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm
Bok wrote:
Actually, Victoria you've had this Norbu Hongcha, right? How does it compare to Ethan's Championship Hongcha? That one is from Lishan.
I’ll need to revisit both. If I still have some of Norbu’s then maybe I can do a side by side to compare.
Great!
debunix

Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm

harrison1986 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm
debunix, I tried the Red Alishan oolong from Norbu, and it is great. Hard to believe a tea can have this strong of a fruity fragrance and taste naturally.

So much so in fact, that I wanted to see if you could shed any light on this. In your opinion, is there any artificial chemical flavoring in this tea?

It's really good either way, thanks again for sharing. Really enjoying this one.
No way. This one is so genuine and consistent and wonderful no matter how I infuse it; nothing artificial would stand up to the ways I have abused these leaves. And as Bok said, it is not the only great Taiwanese oolong. I just posted in the Oolong topic about a marvelous Charcoal Dong Ding from Floating Leaves that is giving me a similar wonderful sensation.
harrison1986

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 am

Bok wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Have you had Taiwanese Hongcha before? This kind of flavour profile is quite typical for them. I’m always amazed (in a bad way) how flat and bland most other Hongcha from other regions taste in comparison. Exaggerating of course, but mostly so :)
After finding Japanese green teas and some Shu from Yunnan sourcing, I sort of got stuck on those for a while. So yeah, I never tried Taiwanese Hongcha.

Thanks for the info Bok. I look forward to continuing my journey into the Taiwanese tea world. Much more flavor than the subtle green tea I always drink.

I'll probably add the tea you mentioned from Floating Leaves to my next tea order, along with some tea from Bok for the good info.