Rinsed: A New Tea Website

Rinsed

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just launched a new website called Rinsed at rinsedtea.com
I will be frequently writing (hopefully) exciting articles and news about the tea world and hope to stoke further discussion in the tea community. I am definitely focused on high quality tea and brewing tea in the style of gong fu. I felt that there is a gap in the tea community. I hope Rinsed can be both a resource for new comers interested in tea past tea bags and blends as well as an entertaining place for tea heads of any experience to have an enjoyable read.
Please note that I am also accepting submissions! There is really no pressure I am happy to publish mostly anything and would love to have your contributions of any sort. I cannot offer any compensation but if it is your desire hopefully our stars can rise together.
I hope you will check the site out.
Baisao

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Rinsed wrote:
I felt that there is a gap in the tea community.
Hi @Rinsed - Can you elaborate on what the gap is?
Bok
Vendor

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm

If you ask me there is a gap that used to be filled by the likes of MarshalN or Kyarazen, before those went into semi-hibernation... English language tea and teaware related blogs from people with decades of in-depth knowledge, experience and a scientific mind. Not to forget a willingness to share things others won’t.
Rinsed

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 am

Baisao wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 pm
Rinsed wrote:
I felt that there is a gap in the tea community.
Hi Rinsed - Can you elaborate on what the gap is?
Of course! I do not feel like there is a one stop for some highly basic information as well as entertaining news/articles. For instance, if I want to get into gong fu right now and was just starting...there is not really an easy place to go. There are forums and discussions boards, but you are going through countless different forum posts as well as reading through many many post to what I believe can be condensed into just a few simple sentences like I hope I have done on my how to brew page.
Similarly, I love to read about all manners of food and drink. For food I can think of now defunct Lucky Peach, quarterly magazines on coffee like Drift and Sprudge for coffee news. There really are no equivalent in the tea world. Of course, I think here and there its been done, kyarazen had many good informative articles as well as entertaining long form essays. Many blogs have maybe set out on my same journey to not get all the way...and maybe I will not either but I hope to. I also cannot emphasize how much I do not want this to be an 'I'. Hopefully Rinsed will take on many contributors and have many different voices which will give the site a more active, varied and overall better feel. This is not suppose to be a blog per se.
I am hoping there can be both accessible information and an entertaining stop to sit down and read entertaining and informative articles.
Baisao

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am

Bok wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm
If you ask me there is a gap that used to be filled by the likes of MarshalN or Kyarazen, before those went into semi-hibernation... English language tea and teaware related blogs from people with decades of in-depth knowledge, experience and a scientific mind. Not to forget a willingness to share things others won’t.
Fine, @Bok! No need to twist my arm! :D