Heating sources for tea (Youtube Video)

Admar
Vendor

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 am

Hi!

Made a new video where I list some methods of heating water.
Hope you enjoy:

https://youtu.be/gRxoxp1Wzts
TeaTotaling

Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm

@Admar Cool video, thank you for sharing! I'm with you, Infrared, suits me be best for my setup. What is the make and wattage of the second one you pictured next to the alcohol burner?

We have spoke briefly before in the other thread, so you have seen mine. It's 1500W, but does have a fan. Although, I find it a pleasant white noise. Charcoal is definitely best for meditation. Turning these knobs up and down, and taking the kettle on an off, so it doesn't continue to boil (as you mentioned) kind of infringes on my mindfulness.

Peace!
Admar
Vendor

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 am

Ahh the big one is from the Hendi brand (Dutch brand focussing more on restaurants and semi profs) model number 29353. It is not made anymore, maybe you can find second hand stuff across Europe.

Glad you liked the video!
TeaTotaling

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Admar wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 am
Ahh the big one is from the Hendi brand (Dutch brand focussing more on restaurants and semi profs) model number 29353. It is not made anymore, maybe you can find second hand stuff across Europe.

Glad you liked the video!
Thanks! Doesn't look like Hendi has any infrared plates available anymore. That's unfortunate because they appear to be good quality. I chose Cadco for the reason you mentioned, geared toward restaurants. I have found commercial one's to have the highest power output.