Revisiting the Same Tea Every Day

FloatingLeaves
Vendor

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm

This episode we revisited a Tie Guan Yin from Yunnan that we used to practice brewing, and it got Shiuwen off on the topic of revisiting teas. We also have a challenge for people: to brew the same tea daily for a week and see how it changes each time.

https://floatingleaves.podbean.com/e/re ... every-day/
Bok
Vendor

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Interesting topic. I like to do that as a routine. I always have one or two teas I make on a daily basis for a week or longer. For Gaoshan basically until a 150g pack is finished (2-3wks).

Helps tremendously to really understand your tea and teaware, as well as refining one’s brewing skills.
Victoria
Admin

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:48 pm

+1 agree with this @Bok. In the morning, I have a routine typically revisiting the same seasonal tea every morning for weeks at a time. Sometimes I’ll use the same pot every day or every other day for weeks, giving it a good boiling water rinse between sessions. I get to know these teas and how they pair with certain pots intimately. Also, by revisiting the same tea so often I can really fine tune steeping to bring out the best of particular tea. Afternoon though, I like to switch it up and explore other teas.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Drinking the same tea(s) daily for 2 - 3 weeks teaches me about the tea(s) & about myself. This routine may be about life in general as well; or, even more so.
Some ?s asked from doing this: If one likes 3 100ml cups of a tea, but does not enjoy 3 150ml cups of the same tea; does he really like that tea? If one loves drinking a total of 450 ml of a tea fairly quickly some days, but many days needs 10 hours to drink that 450 ml, does her really like that tea? (Is that the same ? or are the 2 ?s significantly different?) Is one incapable of enjoying anything sometimes? Will one enjoy drinking almost anything sometimes? etc.