Victoria
Admin

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:41 pm

pedant wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:06 am
Bok wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:36 am
Definitely one to add to the list!
But he (or she?) seems to make some controversial statements on clay, which a lot of other experts can agree on. Most notable some red clay from Japan that performs as well and better as Yixing clay...
he (akira hojo) for sure has a lot of interesting and controversial info. clay, puerh storage, etc
Morning musings... I will agree with Akira that some shudei red clay performs as well as a very good yixing hongni clay. I have also noticed that many experts in their fields tend to develop certain idiosyncratic and controversial opinions which they fine tune over time as a result of their in-depth singular focus on a particular matter. An example; Imen recommending reverse osmosis water for certain DanCong, as far as I know she is the only one ever to recommend this type of water, and I can attest it works for certain ones.

At the moment I am really enjoying seeing Akira’s posts on FB about his current trip to Yunnan...
wildisthewind

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Victoria wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:41 pm
pedant wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:06 am
Bok wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:36 am
Definitely one to add to the list!
But he (or she?) seems to make some controversial statements on clay, which a lot of other experts can agree on. Most notable some red clay from Japan that performs as well and better as Yixing clay...
he (akira hojo) for sure has a lot of interesting and controversial info. clay, puerh storage, etc
Morning musings... I will agree with Akira that some shudei red clay performs as well as a very good yixing hongni clay. I have also noticed that many experts in their fields tend to develop certain idiosyncratic and controversial opinions which they fine tune over time as a result of their in-depth singular focus on a particular matter. An example; Imen recommending reverse osmosis water for certain DanCong, as far as I know she is the only one ever to recommend this type of water, and I can attest it works for certain ones.

At the moment I am really enjoying seeing Akira’s posts on FB about his current trip to Yunnan...
I thought she was crazy, then moved somewhere with an RO system, now it's my baseline tea water. I finally understand young sheng.