A tea concept, please help?

Ray2528
New user

Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Hello everyone! I recently enrolled in an entrepreneurship class and I have to do a bit of research. As a fellow tea lover I decided my concept product would be my very own tea blend. Everyone here seems far more knowledgeable about tea than me so I was wondering if you could help me out. If anyone is willing to spare a little time I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with my research. I have created a series of questions here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

The last question for contact info is optional, it's something my instructor had us put in. But I know a lot of people wouldn't feel comfortable giving up that information. Either way thank you for your time!
Victoria
Admin

Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @Ray2528. Moved your query to Research forum.
Bok
Vendor

Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:27 am

Done. This one is a bit weird
Based on the description, what price do you expect to pay for the product?
Pay what it is worth of course :)
LeoFox

Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:04 am

It is not clear how these questions would help in making a blend.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Here's a list of ?s you might ask us & more importantly entrepreneur experts:

What are the odds of a new tea vendor having his brand on supermarket shelves?

What are the odds of a tea vendor being able to make a living by selling tea?

Why do most of the vendors discussed & often admired on the forum, not sell blends of teas?

My ? for you: Do you have a blend or blends of teas that you and/or others love? If so, have you tried retailing at some events; approaching local boutique specialty shops to buy from you wholesale?

Good luck.
pedant
Admin

Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:18 pm

i understand that these types of assignments exist that encourage outreach, and i am sympathetic. i've had to do plenty of nonsense in my day to make grades (especially in gen ed courses). however, i do not believe that this benefits the online tea community, and the survey is not even well thought out, lol. it is not conducive to actual product development and just reads like a homework assignment checklist. :(