How much tea is too much tea?

pepson

Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:33 am

Bok wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:34 pm
in any case, I'd rather live a few years less with yellow teeth, than have less tea. :mrgreen:
Certainly YES !!! :D
Patjulian80

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:18 pm

See also Tea-derived caffeine thread.
Last edited by Patjulian80 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patjulian80

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:22 pm

See also Tea-derived caffeine thread.
Last edited by Patjulian80 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patjulian80

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:54 pm

See also discussions on the Tea-derived caffeine thread...
Last edited by Patjulian80 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baiyun

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Patjulian80 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:18 pm
They go hand in hand — I wouldn't have written the book otherwise. I've had many discussions on the topic and always interested in what people think... If you've actually looked at my Instagram account, you'll see I'm a passionate tea drinker. You know, that's actually not quite a fair thing to write—most people who write blogs, books and articles are eager to promote themselves and to earn something for their contribution... But there's also the message as well... So — here it is—I'll start because you haven't—do you have any issues with caffeine? Or are you just trying to criticise me and catch me out?
Baiyun wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:28 pm
Patjulian80 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:03 pm
Hope to hear from you and I look forward to some engaging discussions perhaps?
Your two posts in this topic so far seem like you are interested in advertising your content rather than discussion.
I don't do instagram and I have no caffeine problems, neither do I question your tea consumption. I think your promotion here is ineffective because you state basic things about caffeine that are obvious to your audience, at least here, without a connection to the preceding discussion, or any further depth. To me, that comes across as ignorant and patronising. Consider that a specific forum thread like this is a community space to openly share your knowledge and experience with people to further all our understanding and appreciation of tea, not a low effort marketing channel. Imagine if everyone that has written or produced something would do this across the internet. If you were to consider how leading subject matter experts and science communicators engage publicly, it is fundamentally through a contextual sharing of valuable information that demonstrates their in depth knowledge, which attracts people who are interested to their content, where these topics are covered in greater detail. Now please understand that I am not interested in a personal feud, do as you please in this wide world.
Baisao

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:41 pm

Caffeine seems straightforward but I feel it must be more complex than being a stimulant than blocks adenosine.

For example, coffee helps me stay awake on long drives and yet it puts me to sleep at home. It seems that caffeine, for me, is contextual.

And I feel there are also other stimulants involved in young sheng, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere. Considering the sensations and duration I suspect it is ephedrine.
Patjulian80

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:49 pm

A lot of feedback that I hear is that you need to listen to your body... Be aware of how well you sleep, whether you have any nutritional deficiencies etc.
Zubik

Sun May 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Hi guys!
Since tea has the property of preventing the assimilation of iron, some vitamins, for example D, and other substances in the body, it is better to drink tea 40-50 minutes after eating. That is, after waiting for the body to absorb most of the necessary.
Vitamin D and iron are very important for the body, and a lack of these elements can lead to a VERY negative effect.
Therefore, it is better to approach consumption responsibly, this applies not only to tea
Teafortea

Mon May 15, 2023 2:00 pm

Baisao wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:01 am
This reminds me of the green tea extract fad about 15 years ago. Rather than drink green tea, people would consume a highly concentrated extract (it’s anyone’s guess whether it really came from green tea). Consuming a concentrated extract of tea is as immoderate as consuming 4 liters of iced tea a day.

I’ve met 3 people who sustained permanent liver damage from taking green tea extract in the chase for increased health.
I had a friend, a very close one, who had her liver damaged by drinking teavana matcha like 6 or more times a day for weight loss. I can’t recall if she was taking capsules also of green tea extract or coffee extract along with it. I had just arrived in USA for work at that time and I remember being a bit shocked how many supplements people consumed. Rarely you take even vitamin c in pill form in Europe , only when dr says with antibiotics or after a certain illness.usually is from food source.
I drink a lot of tea during the day and coffee in the morning and my liver test are always clean. I’m assuming low quality tea western style multiple times would cause issues? Who knows…
Baisao

Mon May 15, 2023 2:16 pm

Teafortea wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:00 pm
Baisao wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:01 am
This reminds me of the green tea extract fad about 15 years ago. Rather than drink green tea, people would consume a highly concentrated extract (it’s anyone’s guess whether it really came from green tea). Consuming a concentrated extract of tea is as immoderate as consuming 4 liters of iced tea a day.

I’ve met 3 people who sustained permanent liver damage from taking green tea extract in the chase for increased health.
I had a friend, a very close one, who had her liver damaged by drinking teavana matcha like 6 or more times a day for weight loss. I can’t recall if she was taking capsules also of green tea extract or coffee extract along with it. I had just arrived in USA for work at that time and I remember being a bit shocked how many supplements people consumed. Rarely you take even vitamin c in pill form in Europe , only when dr says with antibiotics or after a certain illness.usually is from food source.
I drink a lot of tea during the day and coffee in the morning and my liver test are always clean. I’m assuming low quality tea western style multiple times would cause issues? Who knows…
Regarding the hazards of supplements, I'd recommend US members watch this PBS investigation into the supplements industry:

The episode is only half as long as the listed running time (it repeats once).

It's a multibillion dollar unregulated industry in the US with lobbyists and politicians keeping the FDA from getting involved.

At best, these things contain clippings of ornamental Chinese plants. At worst they contain dangerous hormones and toxic substances like lead and chromium.
Teafortea

Mon May 15, 2023 4:26 pm

Wow this was insane...just finished watching it. 👀
Landi

Tue May 16, 2023 8:06 am

I drink between 1-1.1 liters per day in 4-5 tea sessions, which corresponds to about 12 grams, it's perfect for me. at my job people drank between 2l-3l of coffee every day.