Tea-derived caffeine

Patjulian80

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:34 am

TeaGrove wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:14 am
debunix Well I speak as someone who was sensitive to caffeine until I deliberately went about developing a tolerance, gradually, over a 5 year period. There is some evidence to suggest that caffeine, at least with coffee as the vehicle, can be helpful in preventing neurodegenerative disease and some cardiovascular issues. Some doctors will recommend it for the prevention of heart failure and others will shun it.
I think part of the problem is there's a lot of pseudoscience surrounding the subject so whether or not there are clear pros and cons is all murky waters.
Yes, caffeine is indeed a controversial subject — part of the reason why I'm writing a book on it... And I do discuss this point in the book as well.

Anyway I was having a joke because when you're caffeine sensitive it's really not funny! Overdoing it can lead to a nasty experience and even a hospital visit.
Patjulian80

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:38 am

aet wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:00 pm
I've heard form one chemist - biologist that caffeine also irritates your kidney so you might not feel being boosted ( because tolerance or you just don't realize it anymore ) but you going to wc more than you would if drinking only water or other , non-caffeine , drink.
Yes, it is a mild diuretic — and caffeine affects the entire body, in fact. Everyone responds a little differently to it, apparently.