Tea Books

Iizuki

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:58 am

Just dropping by to express my gratitude @Greywacke. This is a great resource, especially when it receives updates! :)
aet

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:39 am

There is one book called " Ancient Tea Trees in China " I'm going trough right now and found it interesting, especially after this intro.
Back in 1985 one guy from agriculture science academy , seeded a tea tree. That seed in 2016 grew up to the tree of 8.3m height and 135cm around the trunk.
So as you can see on picture how almost 30y old tea tree growing in Menghai looks like .
Tea farmers usually add another " 0 " to it to make it neater ;-D
Attachments
WechatIMG1203.jpeg
WechatIMG1203.jpeg (211.48 KiB) Viewed 358 times
mbanu

Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:10 pm

Greywacke wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:53 pm
OOF, I'm still here and updating, just in the background, lurking. mbanu Yeah, some of these get exceedingly difficult to classify/organize--there's either no author, or only an editor listed, or in a few cases, a compiler. And a lot of these books don't have ISBNs associated with them. Sometimes I resort to whatever the most visible name is, to make it easiest for anyone else looking at the list to find the book with a google search.

On a tangentially related note, I recently picked up Bamboo House, a book I found in a used book shop, that details Indonesian tea history. I've found a grand total of one mention of this book anywhere online. I'm excited to read it, but I try to force myself not to 'jump queue' with books I've bought (I'm currently reading How to Make Tea: The Science Behind the Leaf which I'm despising, to be honest).

Unfortunately, I can't find China as a Tea Producer in pdf anywhere. Through that link, google's blocking me. So I'm guessing it's copyright hasn't quite expired in Canada yet, blah.

A tiny side-project of mine is to collet together epub and pdf releases of tea books across multiple sources in one easy download spot.
Google seems to have stepped back from their original stance regarding the public domain, which is a hassle. I would be surprised if it were not also public domain in Canada. Hopefully someone will upload it to the Internet Archive or a similar site to make it more available to other countries where it is legal but not yet available.