Shipping Delays on tea

faj

Fri May 08, 2020 8:16 am

One month after being picked up, my EMS package from Japan has finally been marked as shipped out of the country. Hopefully it does not get stuck upon arrival. I have another order I made this week, which I hope fares better...
TeaTotaling

Sat May 16, 2020 9:21 am

klepto wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 pm
TeaTotaling wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 pm
klepto wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:52 pm

I have a yixing teapot I bought from CP, and they are shipping it from Malaysia as soon as things open up there. :(
Shipping was supposed to resume in Malaysia on 4/28...guess that didn't happen. Still no word from CP... I did receive an order from Taiwan, rather speedily. I guess it just depends. As long as everything arrives safe and sound, I am in no immediate rush.

I read somewhere online that it won't resume until middle of this month but I'm not 100%. Lol, yah we both have some teapots coming from them.
Shipping up and running in Malaysia!!
faj

Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Today, I received an order that was shipped from Japan to Canada on April 9. Service was EMS, which in normal times would have taken one week total, I would say.

The tracking indicates it took 1 month for the package to leave Japan after pickup, 12 days to arrive to Canada (that was a long flight), and one more week to go through customs and reach me. I have another EMS package on the way, still in Japan after more than 2 weeks. Seems to be on track for the same kind of experience. I do not think DHL to Canada was an option in both cases, unfortunately, at least not at the time I ordered.

I have something else on the way coming from China, shipped a month ago. Holding my breath I am not.
Balthazar

Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 am

Any news on when Japan might loosen the restrictions?

I've been lucky with China. Two EMS packages were received in less than a month. A third one, from JD.com, arrived in two weeks, but it was shipped through Hong Kong (at which point Fedex took over, so no surprise there).

As for Malaysia, not much has been happening with my package that was shipped on April 17. Latest update (May 20) says it arrived at the export terminal, so it might be arriving soon.
Rmt

Thu May 28, 2020 7:10 am

Got some teacups and a hucheng i ordered in mid march yesterday! Marked as shipped 19th of March from shanghai. Long wait but they got here in one piece.

Let’s see how long the wuyiorigin tea shipment marked as shipped 23 May will take...
debunix

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Today I received my spring subscription tea shipment from Obubu Tea Farm in Japan. I don't think any of the tea in it formally counts as Shincha, but it does include some sencha. It was shipped from Wazuka, Kyoto on 23 March.

I guess I won't expect to see my additional order of matcha and gyokuros, ordered mid-April, until July. Fortunately, I'm not running low on those now.