EsonTea: DaYuLing 95k

Vendor news and self-promotion
teatray

Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm

Seems this producer's gone or has rebranded (or maybe the brand was never really the producer itself). The domain of the site they had (esontea.com) is for sale.

They used to sell on pinkoi with the 95K priced similarly to the 95K on tea-masters.com, but the same product was available for much cheaper at Taiwan-targeted https://shopee.tw/esontea (seems defunct as well). I've tried the 2022 Winter & Spring. The Winter didn't do anything for me but the Spring had a nice nutty, seemingly DYL-y note (but the high notes were missing). That made me suspect it's not fake or at least not very fake, even if this thread looks like an attempt to market at higher prices than normally charged by the producer.

Does anyone know the status of 95K or any of the other farms?
Bok
Vendor

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:26 pm

teatray wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm
Does anyone know the status of 95K or any of the other farms?
Did not check recently, but you can reasonably assume that most of what is left of DYL tea is staying inside the country... a lot of what you see marketed as DYL is pretty close to the area, so taste wise it can be the same(or better, depending on who makes it). At this point I am skipping the name-dropping tea and let myself guide by the taste.