Mountain Streams Teas Launch Date and Spring Tea Adventure

Vendor news and self-promotion
wildisthewind

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Just placed an introductory order, shipped to 12484. I'd certainly welcome any samples, particularly of the orange blossom oolong, puer, or anything else you think I shouldn't miss. Welcome to the forum!
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 am

Shine Magical wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Mountain Stream Teas wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:51 am
Shine Magical wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am
I was under the impression that milk oolong is essentially never steamed in milk because it's expensive and not as accessible in Asia and the fragrance won't carry through much. The fragrance is from chemicals.

It's interesting that your Bao Zhong is more expensive than your puer but I bought them... :oops:
I am totally lost on the whole using of real milk thing. I have never tried it myself and the whole thought of it seems so unnecessary. I have never, ever, seen it on the market in Taiwan. In other places I am sure it is horrible tea and horrible chemicals. I will look for it next time I head to North America just to see what it tastes like...

And Mr Magical, thank you very much for the order! I am curious about the Boazhong you usually get though. I think the puers are almost the cheapest per g of anything on the site and I have usually found that to be the case compared to the high quality oolongs, black and whites that Taiwan has on offer. In other online shops as well. Do you usually get it much cheaper? I am surprised at your surprise. :D

And I would be happy to throw in a couple samples of some of the other teas if you would like. Name a couple or I can pick two randomly. And this is open to anyone else on here as well of course!
I'd try the #20 cultivar oolong and the other type of sheng.
Done and done. Sorry about the delay here. I have been on a pretty grueling sourcing trip the last couple days but Taiwanese Green Tea is back in stock! Anyways, I hope that the tea gets there soon and that you enjoy it.
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:48 am

wildisthewind wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 pm
Just placed an introductory order, shipped to 12484. I'd certainly welcome any samples, particularly of the orange blossom oolong, puer, or anything else you think I shouldn't miss. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you very much and there will be a couple samples included for sure! Should be shipped out tomorrow.
ShuShu

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:41 am

Also placed an order! (Zip 10033).
Would be glad to try out your Lishan
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 pm

ShuShu wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:41 am
Also placed an order! (Zip 10033).
Would be glad to try out your Lishan
You got it! Just for the record, anyone on here who wants to a sample or two with their order let me know here or in a PM. I am looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the tea as well. Thanks so much!
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 am

Last day for the 20% off launch sale! Offering a sample or two to anyone who wants one with their order as well. Thanks for making it a great first month for Mountain Stream Teas!
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Thu May 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello All,

I guess I should have posted this a while ago but Mountain Stream Teas is having its spring sale at the moment. You can get 15% off your total order with the code 'springforward'. We need some tea tasters for our spring teas! New whites, greens, spring pear mountain, a beautiful GABA oolong and more are new to the site. There are three 2018 baozhongs up right now as well.

And as it just isn't very fair to the members of this forum, I have just "unofficially" extended the spring sale until Tuesday the 4th of June . You will still be able to use that code until then as I really should have put the sale in here a while ago. Still free samples with every order, usually one free sample per 50$ but sometimes more. Depends on my mood as I am packing. And I am sending out every order with some free tea candies as well! Small sugary blasts of sweet tea goodness. If anyone has any questions please let me know!

www.mountainstreamteas.com
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 am

Hi All,

Our one year anniversary sale is up and running until noon March 23rd EST. Hard to believe is has already/only been a year! 20% off everything with the code 'happybirthday'. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

-Matt

www.mountainstreamteas.com
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am

Hi All,

Just added a bunch of Hakka Style Preserved Fruit teas to the site a couple weeks ago. We have started a project to bring some traditional Hakka Preserved Fruit Teas to the Western Market. We have added Honey Black Lemon Tea Balls, Honey Black Pomelo Tea Balls, and Valencia Orange Oolong Tea Balls to the site.

These unique teas are produced with high quality tea mixed with the pulp of a fruit being placed back in the intact peel and then processed in the traditional Hakka way. Through a series of steaming, sun drying, and baking over many days these ingredients create a tea ball that can be aged or drunk right away, and has a unique flavor profile that you can't find anywhere else.

We are working to acquire new teas and aged ones and are experimenting with 'modern' versions of this traditional medicine. Look for our Ruby Passion Tea Balls soon. (Ruby 18 black tea mixed with passion fruit pulp and preserved in the passion fruit shell) They were a huge hit last year!

Any questions about them please ask!

https://mountainstreamteas.com/collections/hakka
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 am

Teaducation Subscription Service Sale!
Last Minute Christmas Gift!

From now until January 6th get 6 months or a year of monthly Mountain Stream Teaducation Subscription Service boxes for only 20.95$ a month! We will even throw in your choice of a free ‘leftover’ box from a previous month. (Just send us a note after your purchase for which you would prefer)

**Be one of the limited amount of testers for our Tea and Coffee From The Same Garden experiment in February!**

* 6 Months of the Teaducation Subscription Service + one free past box — 125.70$
* 12 months of the Teaducation Subscription Service + one free past box — 251.40$

Past Boxes Available:
April — Grading Honey Fragrance Black Teas — 2 Available
May — Roasted Teas — 2 Available
July — Tea and Flowers — 4 Available
Novemeber — Fall Teas — 2 Available
December — Jinxuan Cultivar Study — 2 Available
** While supplies last

Subscription Box Details
* 50-60g of 3-4 different types of tea
* A monthly 'theme' for learning with teas chosen for a purpose like season, cultivar, processing style, age, etc.
* A detailed lesson with information about the chosen teas and what to look for when drinking them
* Each month will have at least one unreleased tea that you can get nowhere else.
* A price that will always be under the European tax limit
* A mystery tea each month to test out your tasting skills with answers included within the box.
* Fun surprises every once in a while that no one else has access to
* Special discount codes and offers for subscription members only

Themes For The Coming Months
* January -- Winter time teas -- understanding the rich, cold weather teas that make this season so sought after in the tea market
* February -- Tea And Coffee Terroir -- Can you taste the similarities between a coffee and a tea grown in the same place by the same master?
* March -- The Year's Best Teas -- March is our anniversary month and for this month we will sample some of the most popular and well received teas of the past year.
* April -- What Makes An Oolong -- A study of different styles of processing oolong tea from lightly oxidized ball rolled to higher oxidized 'strip' oolongs
* May -- Grading Teas -- Most likely Baozhong but will have to depend on the spring weather for tea genre
* June -- Spring Teas -- Get a first taste of the many beautiful spring teas

Set yourself an attainable New Year’s Resolution and learn more about tea! Great for presents and great for those new to tea and tea hipsters alike. If you have any questions please let us know.

-Mountain Stream Teas

PS If you already have a subscription with us we are happy to add the extra months onto the end of your current subscription!

https://mountainstreamteas.com/products ... on-service
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Sun May 09, 2021 7:17 am

Hi All,

This month's subscription box has a stone from Alishan and one from Shanlinxi along with some extremely fresh tea in it. The stones were from the same gardens as the teas were grown. I thought some of the tea nerds here might get a kick out of it if you are into that type of thing. I have enough stones for about 7 more boxes.

I did a live steam where I 'blind' taste tested teas with stones from their gardens dipped/undipped. Got three out of 4 right. It was quite a lot of fun. I will be adding more stones to boxes in the future I think.

Victoria
Admin

Sun May 09, 2021 2:06 pm

This month's subscription box has a stone from Alishan and one from Shanlinxi along with some extremely fresh tea in it. The stones were from the same gardens as the teas were grown.
Pretty funny. I also have a collection of stones from various places around the world, and enjoy using them during tea sessions as lid props, to tilt kyusu during gyokuro/sencha sessions preventing liquid from overstepping, and just to look at. Like you mention, I find Alishan is sharper and more defined than Shanlinxi, so that’s an interesting parallel to the rocks and soil you are showing in your video.
Mountain Stream Teas
Vendor

Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 am

Victoria wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:06 pm
This month's subscription box has a stone from Alishan and one from Shanlinxi along with some extremely fresh tea in it. The stones were from the same gardens as the teas were grown.
Pretty funny. I also have a collection of stones from various places around the world, and enjoy using them during tea sessions as lid props, to tilt kyusu during gyokuro/sencha sessions preventing liquid from overstepping, and just to look at. Like you mention, I find Alishan is sharper and more defined than Shanlinxi, so that’s an interesting parallel to the rocks and soil you are showing in your video.
Glad to hear some agreement! Talking in such subjective terms as 'muddy' can be tough. Would it be possible to change the name of this three to just Mountain Stream Teas? It has been a while since the launch and although I would love to do another spring tea adventure, the possibility for that for at least another year is remote.