mud and leaves

Vendor news and self-promotion
Tea Adventures

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 am

Bok wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:58 am
Tea Adventures „ Like other duanni, it is favoured for rounding out the harsher notes of some teas. It is very porous compared to other zisha and is better at retaining heat.“ You have your answer right there in the blog entry :)

Rounding out unwanted things and retain heat well, both good attributes for the Puerh you want to drink. 130ml is a good volume as well and the large opening is practical to put in chunks of Puerh.
Thank you! Yes, I know it’s in the blog entry, but I’m looking for some more info (if there is any) about the clay itself. So hoping I get a reply soon :)
Youzi

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 am

Tea Adventures wrote:
Bok wrote:
Tea Adventures „ Like other duanni, it is favoured for rounding out the harsher notes of some teas. It is very porous compared to other zisha and is better at retaining heat.“ You have your answer right there in the blog entry :)

Rounding out unwanted things and retain heat well, both good attributes for the Puerh you want to drink. 130ml is a good volume as well and the large opening is practical to put in chunks of Puerh.
Thank you! Yes, I know it’s in the blog entry, but I’m looking for some more info (if there is any) about the clay itself. So hoping I get a reply soon :)
What kind of more information? The clay is Duanni, from huang long shan. There's not much that can be said.

What you should ask is not about the clay, but the firing temperature used, and the mesh size. ;)

Those are the more important questions :D
Bok
Vendor

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:47 am

Question is if those answers will really help you... best and only good way is to try!
Tea Adventures

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am

Youzi wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 am
Tea Adventures wrote:
Bok wrote:

What kind of more information? The clay is Duanni, from huang long shan. There's not much that can be said.

What you should ask is not about the clay, but the firing temperature used, and the mesh size. ;)

Those are the more important questions :D
Hmm. Those are good questions indeed. Thank you! I read somewhere that after the clay is mined, the time it is left alone affects the final result. Or is this less not as important as some sources say?
Tea Adventures

Bok wrote:
Question is if those answers will really help you... best and only good way is to try!
Haha yes, but I want to make sure I pick the right one before I spend any money. I don’t have a duanni teapot so I can’t test it with shou, unfortunately.
Youzi

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:42 am

Tea Adventures wrote:
Bok wrote:
Haha yes, but I want to make sure I pick the right one before I spend any money. I don’t have a duanni teapot so I can’t test it with shou, unfortunately.
The length of aging has no effect on the tea making ability of the teapot. If it has any effect at all, then maybe it can give a bit darker color after firing, but that's it.

Aging is done to increase plasticity and yield in firing.
Tea Adventures

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:31 am

Youzi wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:42 am
Tea Adventures wrote:
Bok wrote:
The length of aging has no effect on the tea making ability of the teapot. If it has any effect at all, then maybe it can give a bit darker color after firing, but that's it.

Aging is done to increase plasticity and yield in firing.
Aha I did not know that! It’s for things like this that I joined this forum :)
mudandleaves
Vendor

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:14 am

Tea Adventures wrote:
Bok wrote:

The clay hasn't been aged very long (duanni doesn't need to be aged as long as zini or zhuni). As Youzi said, ageing is primarily to increase the plasticity of the clay. The mesh size is 60 mu, so quite grainy. Lengjinhuang duanni can be used the same as BS Duanni and Huangjin Duan. All are excellent clays for shu pu'er in my experience as they absorb storage aroma quite well and give you the sustained temperature needed to brew shu well. Thanks for your interest :)
mudandleaves
Vendor

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am

Firing temperature is 1160 C.
mudandleaves
Vendor

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:21 am

For the second year in a row, we will be carrying First Flush Longjing tea from Mei Jia Wu, West Lake. Mei Jia Wu, like Shifeng, is one of only a handful of officially-recognized Longjing tea gardens beside the West Lake in Hangzhou. We are now accepting pre-orders for this tea; orders will begin shipping at the end of March. Shipping this week!

This is TeJi / premium grade of Longjing / Dragon Well Tea that is picked before the Qing Ming Festival in Mei Jia Wu 梅家坞. The #43 cultivar of Longjing buds earlier than other varieties, making it the earliest harvest of Longjing from the West Lake gardens. #43 Longjing grown in Mei Jia Wu is prized for its mouth feel, subtly layered flavours and rich aroma. These are the first buds, and are more tender and delicate than those from later harvests. Each package of 250g comes with a sticker that provides the official serial number and QR Code allowing you to verify the authenticity of the tea and trace its origin. Click here for more details:
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/p463 ... jiawu.html
3EAF1144-FFF3-462F-9DD9-01D3767DEDBC.JPG
3EAF1144-FFF3-462F-9DD9-01D3767DEDBC.JPG (81.72 KiB) Viewed 7058 times
mudandleaves
Vendor

Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm

12% off all Spring 2019 Taiwanese Oolong Tea. Use coupon code spring19 during checkout. Sale ends Monday April 6th.
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/c37/ ... g_Tea.html
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG (79.77 KiB) Viewed 6899 times
mudandleaves
Vendor

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:13 am

Our smallest Yixing Teapot yet at only 80ml at full capacity!
These classic shuipings were specially designed for MudandLeaves by Lin Hanpeng to meet our request for a small Yixing Teapot for solo sessions. We chose dicaoqing clay for its versatility and beauty after seasoning.
Click here for more details:
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/p686 ... /80ml.html
IMG_7767 2.JPG
IMG_7767 2.JPG (82.59 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
mudandleaves
Vendor

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am

Spring 2020 Taiwanese Oolongs are in! Spring High Mountain Oolong has arrived from Alishan, HeHuanShan, ShanLinXi, Lishan and DaYuLing Correction: Still waiting on the higher elevation teas. Spring Alishan High Mountain Tea, Alishan Jin Xuan, and Dong Ding are in now. Winter harvest 2019 is still available for higher elevation teas (ShanLinXi, Hehuanshan, Lishan and DaYuLing).
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/c37/ ... g_Tea.html
tf1.jpg
tf1.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
Last edited by mudandleaves on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Victoria
Admin

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:53 pm

mudandleaves wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am
Spring 2020 Taiwanese Oolongs are in! Spring High Mountain Oolong has arrived from Alishan, HeHuanShan, ShanLinXi, Lishan and DaYuLing:
Hi there @mudandleaves, curious how does this springs High Mountain compare to last years?
mudandleaves
Vendor

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi there mudandleaves, curious how does this springs High Mountain compare to last years?
Our assistant at our Guangzhou office has only tried the Alishan HMT for this spring so far, but she was very happy with it; nice aroma, depth of flavour, subtle sweetness, mouthfeel and leaf steeping longevity. She's been a part of tea tasting / selection at MudandLeaves since the beginning. The pandemic has kept us in Canada this spring, so Siyan and I are still waiting to try the new teas for ourselves; waiting for the parcels to arrive.

Because of frost damage in the fields at higher altitudes, we are expecting much smaller harvests for those from Lishan and DaYuLing (maybe 1/3 or less). Frost damage in the 100K Garden in DaYuLing was pretty bad.