Tea everywhere crowdfunding

Vendor news and self-promotion
luchayi

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:20 am

Tea everywhere.jpg
Tea everywhere.jpg (84.52 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Let's make together the first network completely dedicated to the tea!
Tea everywhere is a marketplace, a community, a place to share events, posts and passion for tea.
Any sellers and tea lovers can already register on https://teaeverywhere.com and starting to create their accounts.
As we are still developing the platform the grapich design is temporary; we are working on it in these days to make it beautiful!
By the way any suggestion is welcome... As I am working hard with my team I waited to promote the crowdfunding, but it's really important to receive support...any donation is precious for the project so we set up some rewards to thank the backers. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tea-everywhere
You can also help us by following us on instagram and facebook or by sharing the project.
Thanks Luca
Last edited by luchayi on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
polezaivsani

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:02 am

Beware, crabby remarks from somebody having zero trust for elated prospect of some new accounts at another .com ;)

How is this any different from facebook/etsy/etc. but for tea?
luchayi

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:43 am

@polezaivsani

I am a blogger and a co-founder of a free tea magazine in italy. Travelling I knew a lot of "Tea people" (sellers, bloggers, farmers), so I always dreamed of giving them a space in order to improve their visibility. This is Tea everywhere!
Anyone (Tea lovers and sellers) will be able to create a blog, sharings posts, events, tea courses... with the marketplace you will be able to buy tea from vendors all over the world.
Facebook it's a community, esty is a marketplace, Tea everywhere will be a mix... and it's only for tea.
But I am not Mark zuckerberg....I am not rich and I'll make it step by step. By the way the platform will be finished soon, because since I believe in this project I invested a lot... I am working every day with developers and my team!
chadao

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 am

Interesting, perhaps, but I wonder about an overly crowded market... I have an account here, at Steepster (which is sadly falling apart), on Reddit r/tea, r/teaexchange, r/teasales, at Adagio, at teawiki... and there isn't anywhere a super critical mass. Maybe this new one will get that critical mass.

I enjoy this site for good discussions, though :)
faj

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:23 am

chadao wrote:
and there isn't anywhere a super critical mass.
How do you define a "super critical mass"? Is it by sheer number of participants, or do you associate the idea with tangible benefits that result from having enough participants, which you feel are missing from currently available communities?
chadao

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 am

faj wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:23 am
chadao wrote:
and there isn't anywhere a super critical mass.
How do you define a "super critical mass"? Is it by sheer number of participants, or do you associate the idea with tangible benefits that result from having enough participants, which you feel are missing from currently available communities?
Thanks for the question! My response was indeed unclear.

By critical mass, I mean enough people to actually have discussions. Most of the Steepster threads are last updated "3 days ago", "a week ago", "last year." On TeaForum, it seems there are enough people who check in here and post interesting things relatively frequently enough to have the tangible benefits of learning new things and being exposed to new conversations.
LeoFox

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:53 am

My problem with steepster and reddit like places is that that they are saturated with people who, to put it kindly, have taste in tea that is very differently aligned to mine. So different, that what they say is essentially meaningless to me. Additionally, cults of personalities and vendors can easily materialize under those settings.

It is more useful and enjoyable to find a few knowledgeable people with experience and sensibility rather than trawl through Yelp style reviews.
luchayi

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:39 am

@LeoFox @@chadao
Thanks for you comments, every opinion is welcome and very useful...
With the free magazine in Italy we tried to spread the tea culture in our country by organizing meetings and creating a movement. We did, but
pandemic situation was really bad for our association... so now I created Tea everywhere, a company, and we are planning to distribute the magazine online. Even if we worked for free the first 5 numbers were amazing, with a lot of interviews and interesting articles... Unfortunately for now it's only available in italian language... but in the future who knows... At the moment I am focused on the platform, because it's a big project. The goal is to offer a space for vendors to tell their stories and a community where to speak. Maybe at the beginning it will be not perfect, but we hope to be successful and to have the economic resources to develop it constantly. Reviews are necessary, but we dont wanna focus everything on it, it will be only a very small part of the website.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Interesting idea @luchayi an Etsy Instagram like tea platform. Maybe your new network can fill the void created by steepster going downhill but with better member representation. Wishing your team success in this new endeavor.