Hi from Vikram at Yatra Tea Company!

Vendor news and self-promotion
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:54 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! To our friends in the US, trust you had your fill of turkey and pie and what not over Thanksgiving break!

Almost the end of November, and we are fast running out of inventory here at Yatra Tea Company. This Cyber Monday (through Wednesday actually) we have a sale on our two Castleton Estate teas (white and oolong). Castleton is a renowned tea estate in Darjeeling producing very high quality specialty tea year in year out.

- 25 gm of the white tea is now available for $10 (down from $12). 50 gm for $18 (Link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/ca ... flush-2018)

- 25 gm of the oolong tea is now available for $8 (down from $10). 50 gm for $16 (Link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/ca ... flush-2018)

Sale will run through end of day Wednesday, 11/28.

Have a great week everyone!
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am

Good morning - its Vikram from Yatra Tea Company https://www.yatrateacompany.com.
Free Shipping this week through Saturday December 15. No code needed. US only.

A couple of new items in the shop that I'm excited to share with you!

- We have been developing some gift boxes primarily for corporate gifting. We have a few left in stock. These make a great gift both for tea lovers and those looking for an introduction to South Asian teas! (Link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/yatra-gift-box)

- For the Assam aficionados, we've stocked the very best India has to offer - Halmari Estate's "gold" clonal GTGFOP1 grade. This tea has won multiple accolades and hands down is the finest Assam being produced currently (Link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/ha ... flush-2018)

- We will be re stocking our chais this week - both the Lunar Masala Chai and Kahwa Chai. We've sold out a couple of times, so thanks for indulging! (Lunar Chai link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/lunarchai, Kahwa Chai link - https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop/kahwachai)

- Don't forget to check out our other premium, single origin teas from Darjeeling, Assam, the Nilgiris, the Dooars, and Nepal!

Thanks for reading - have a great week!
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:07 am

Happy Holidays to everyone from Yatra Tea Company!

2018 has been an interesting year for us. As a tea company in our first full year of operations, we learnt a lot and hopefully brought you some interesting and delicious teas from South Asia. We have a lot of improvements to make and are cautiously optimistic that 2019 will be a good year! Thanks for your support and continued patronage!

This week, as we bid adieu to 2018, we offer you our final sale of the year: through Friday December 28, all our single origin teas and custom chais are available at a 25% discount with code FAREWELL18 at checkout.

We wish you the very best for the holidays and hope that 2019 is kind to us all.

Vikram

https://www.yatrateacompany.com
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 pm

Dear TeaForum members - I hope 2018 was a good year for you all. Wishing you all a happy, safe, and prosperous 2019!

End 2018/begin 2019 right with our small but carefully curated selection of premium grade, single origin teas from South Asia. Now through January 3, all US orders will ship free (standard mail). No code is needed! In stock for you we have some delicious Orthodox produced teas!
  • Looking for something light and floral? Our selection of teas from Darjeeling and Nepal are reasonably priced (I encourage you to compare us to other vendors) and range from a delicious oolong and white tea courtesy Castleton Estate to lightly oxidized floral black teas from Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, and Thurbo Estate. And I would be remiss not to mention Nepal's Sakhira Estate, with its taste profile very much on par with the best Darjeeling teas
  • Or perhaps you're in the market for a more robust cuppa. Well, look no further than the world renowned, multiple award winning clonal Assam from Halmari Estate. The epitome of malty Assam tea!
  • If herbaceous and vegetal green teas are your thing, give the high altitude offerings from Darjeeling's Glenburn Estate and Nepal's Himalayan Bliss Estate a try!
  • Can't decide or new to our teas? Our sampler is the perfect way to get acquainted with our offerings!
  • And if chais are your thing, we have a couple of exquisite chais courtesy our collaboration with a local premium spice shop - our Lunar Masala Chai and warming Kahwa Chai!
There is something for everyone in our small shop!

Thanks for reading - have a great week ahead everyone.

Vikram (https://www.yatrateacompany.com)
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 am

Good day to you all from Vikram at Yatra Tea Company!

Note - we'll be away in South Asia starting this Thursday evening, returning January 27th! We'll be using this duration to spend some much needed time with our families, AND discussing sourcing for 2019!

Now through Wednesday, use code "TWENTYOFF" for a 20% discount on everything currently in stock. Applies to our gift box, sampler, chais - both Lunar Masala Chai and Kahwa Chai, as well as our host of direct sourced, premium, single origin teas from India and Nepal from 2018 harvests and 2017 harvests.

Lots of high quality teas in stock for very reasonable prices. But don't take our word for it, feel free to compare with competitors!

Thanks for reading, stay warm, and have a fantastic week ahead!

https://www.yatrateacompany.com/shop
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Good afternoon! Hope everyone had a restful weekend.

Now through end of day Friday, Yatra Tea Company is offering a 20% discount on all orders. No code is required. Can be applied to orders outside the US, but reach out to us to figure out shipping!

Ours is a small, but carefully curated catalog of premium, single origin teas from India and Nepal. Currently in stock:

- Quintessential First Flush Darjeeling semi oxidized black teas from Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, and Thurbo Estate. Intensely floral and worthy representatives of the storied Darjeeling region

- Also from Darjeeling, produced at the iconic Castleton Estate, is an exquisite, mild yet floral, white tea and an unroasted oolong tea. These are not very common and are very small batch productions!

- Rounding off our Darjeeling teas is a lovely, clean, buttery high altitude green tea from Glenburn Estate

- I would be remiss not to mention a tea that can easily rival the very best Darjeeling teas. Sakhira Estate in Nepal continues to produce incredible floral semi oxidized black teas, very similar to its Darjeeling counterparts

- Moving on to Assam - if your palate desires something robust and malty, look no further than Halmari Estate's clonal tippy Second Flush. A multi-year award winning Assam tea, widely regarded as the best Assam being produced at present

- A little different than our core offering of single origin teas - we have a couple of delicious chais resulting from a collaboration with a lovely local premium spice shop. Try our masala chai, a lighter version of the traditional masala chai, we opted to use a Nilgiri tea as opposed to the tried and tested Assam base. Also in stock is a warming, delicious Kahwa chai inspired by the Kashmiri and North Western Frontier Province regions

- New to us?! Our sampler is a great way to get to know our teas better!

Thanks for reading. We hope we get a chance to share some of our teas with you!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Good afternoon from Vikram at Yatra Tea Company!

Similar to last week, we are offering a 20% discount on all orders. No code is required. The discount is valid through Saturday February 16.

A quick run down of what we are offering:

- Aromatic, light, and intensely floral best describe our First Flush Darjeeling offerings from Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, and Thurbo Estate

- We did a recent tasting of two teas from the iconic Castleton Estate in Darjeeling and were thrilled with the reactions. Most folks understandably equate Darjeeling teas with lightly oxidized black teas. But these are different! One is a mild yet floral white tea, and the other is an equally delicious unroasted oolong tea

- Rounding off our Darjeeling teas is a lovely, clean, buttery high altitude green tea from Glenburn Estate

- Nepal is fast emerging as a worthy rival of Darjeeling teas. We have sourced from Sakhira Estate in the past, and were compelled to do so again. Crisp and floral with a slight hint of astringency

- Halmari Estate's clonal tippy Second Flush production needs no introduction to Assam tea drinkers. This tea wins accolades every single year. Keep an eye on the Global Tea Championship for Fall teas set to occur a little later this year. There's little doubt Halmari will place

- Over the winter, we collaborated with a local premium spice shop to produce two chais. Our masala chai, is a lighter version of the traditional masala chai, we opted to use a Nilgiri tea as opposed to the tried and tested Assam base. Also in stock is a warming, delicious Kahwa chai inspired by the Kashmiri and North Western Frontier Province regions.

- New to us?! Our sampler is a great way to get to know our teas better!

Thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a pleasant week ahead!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 am

Good morning - woke up to some snow accumulation here in Cambridge, MA. After a cup of some excellent Darjeeling, we spent the next 30 mins shoveling/playing with the dog in the snow. Not a bad way to begin the week!

And to get your week started off right, we're continuing our 20% discount at Yatra Tea Company. Applicable without any code. Valid through Friday February 22nd.

We have a small, but artfully curated catalog of teas sourced from India and Nepal. Like a number of fledgling tea ventures, I do the selecting, sourcing, importing, packing, labeling, and shipping of the final product. And when I bug my wife enough, or if she sees me struggle with something, she'll lend a welcome hand!

- We have in store for you our sampler, which is a low cost way to experience our range of teas (even lower with the discount!)

- In terms of tea estates, we have sourced some fine teas from the likes of Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, Thurbo Estate, Castelton Estate (white tea), Castleton Estate (oolong tea), and Glenburn Estate in Darjeeling, Halmari Estate in Assam, Sakhira Estate in Nepal, and Glendale Estate in Nilgiri. Quite sure there is something to suit every palate

- If chai is your cup of tea, we have a couple of delicious warming chais - our masala chai and Kashmir inspired Kahwa chai are both results of a collaboration with a wonderful, premium spice shop in Cambridge

- We also offer a gift box - an aesthetically pleasing giftable item with 3 different teas (25 gms each), reusable muslin bags, and instructions on how to brew the perfect cuppa. Perfect for the tea lover or for someone just exploring the world of tea!

International customers - first, thanks for your interest. We primarily serve the US market at present. But small enterprises are flexible, so if you see something you like, inquire here or via email (info@yatrateacompany.com) or through our web form. Have shipped internationally before and will always charge you the exact shipping rate the post office gives me!

Thanks for reading. Have a great week ahead!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 am

Good morning from windy Cambridge! Trust everyone had a nice weekend.

Now through end of day Friday March 1, any order of $25 or more ships free in the US. Shipping costs have increased considerably in the new year and we ourselves had to take an increase. This promotion allows you to save $4.49 when you spend $25 or more!

A little about Yatra Tea Company:

Who we are:

A two person husband-wife operation (one on most days). I grew up in Calcutta, one of the major tea auction cities in the world. I source directly from estates in India and Nepal. I have childhood friends in the tea business that have helped me navigate the tricky supply chain. I do the selecting, sourcing, importing, packing, labeling, and shipping of the final product. My wife helps me as needed. We have a well meaning golden retriever that would like to help, but we haven't figured out how to leverage her willingness. I don't think the local and state health inspectors would be too keen on her involvement.

What teas do we source:

Our focus is on premium grade, single origin teas grown in India and Nepal. Our sampler is a low cost way to experience our range of teas.
We have a small catalog of teas, but I promise you they are high quality, and at prices that are lower than the competition. We achieve that by truly sourcing direct, not having overheads, and happily passing on any savings to our customers.

- In terms of tea estates, we have sourced some fine teas from the likes of Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, Thurbo Estate, Castelton Estate (white tea), Castleton Estate (oolong tea), and Glenburn Estate in Darjeeling, Halmari Estate in Assam, Sakhira Estate in Nepal, and Glendale Estate in Nilgiri. Quite sure there is something to suit every palate

- If chai is your thing, we have a couple of delicious warming ones in store - our masala chai and Kashmir inspired Kahwa chai are both results of a collaboration with a wonderful, premium spice shop in Cambridge

- We also offer a gift box - an aesthetically pleasing giftable item with 3 different teas (25 gms each), reusable muslin bags, and instructions on how to brew the perfect cuppa. Perfect for the tea lover or for someone just exploring the world of tea!

I love interacting with people and talking tea. If you have a question, message me here, or email at info@yatrateacompany.com!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:13 am

Good morning from snowy Cambridge, MA!

This week we're running a 20% discount at Yatra Tea Company. Applicable without any code. Valid through Saturday March 9th.

Those who may have purchased our teas in the past will tell you that we have a small, but artfully curated catalog of teas sourced from India and Nepal. Our focus has, and always will be, on the quality of leaf we source.

- If you're not familiar with us, check out our sampler, which is a low cost way to experience our range of teas (even lower with the discount!)

- In terms of tea estates, we have sourced premium grade teas from the likes of Puttabong Estate, Singbulli Estate, Goomtee Estate, Thurbo Estate, Castelton Estate (white tea), Castleton Estate (oolong tea), and Glenburn Estate in Darjeeling, Halmari Estate in Assam, and Sakhira Estate in Nepal. Quite sure there is something to suit every palate

- If chai is your cup of tea, we have a couple of delicious warming chais - our masala chai and Kashmir inspired Kahwa cha are both results of a collaboration with a wonderful, premium spice shop in Cambridge

International customers - first, thanks for your interest. We primarily serve the US market at present. But small enterprises are flexible, so if you see something you like, inquire here or via email (info@yatrateacompany.com) or through our web form. Have shipped internationally before and will always charge you the exact shipping rate the post office gives me!

Vikram

YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 am

Good morning - its Vikram from Yatra Tea Company. I hope you all had a nice weekend!

We need your help with some Spring cleaning! We're lining up some exquisite teas to source this year, but need to clear some of our existing inventory. Those of you familiar with our teas know that they are high quality yet very, very reasonably priced. And to boot, you can get them for a 20% discount through Friday March 15!

Swing by the shop and take a look at a our artfully curated selection of single origin teas from Darjeeling, Assam, Nepal, and more!

Thanks for reading, and have a great week ahead!

YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 am

Good morning all. Hope the weekend was nice, and the week ahead even better!

We'll do our bit to help - we're continuing our Spring Clearance Sale at Yatra Tea Company through Friday March 22. 20% off (no code needed) on all our products. Applies to our sampler, gift box, chais, and other premium grade, single origin teas from India and Nepal.

List of current single origin teas in stock includes:

- Halmari Estate (black, Assam)
- Castleton Estate (white, Darjeeling)
- Puttabong Estate (semi oxidized black, Darjeeling) - only 3 bags left!
- Castleton Estate (oolong, Darjeeling)
- Singbulli Estate (semi oxidized black, Darjeelng)
- Glenburn Estate (green, Darjeeling)
- Sakhira Estate (semi oxidized black, Nepal)
- Goomtee Estate (semi oxidized black, Darjeeling)
- Thurbo Estate (semi oxidized black, Darjeeling)

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions! Have a great week ahead!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:25 am

Good morning. Its Vikram from Yatra Tea Company.

We're still trying to clear existing inventory! This week what we have in stock can be shipped free to you! All orders of $25 or higher will be shipped free of charge (standard shipping, US only).

Browse our selection of sampler, gift box, chais, black teas, green tea, oolong tea, and white tea - we promise you there is something to suit every palate!

Have a nice week ahead!

YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:28 am

Hello - its Vikram from Yatra Tea Company. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Through Friday April 5, all our products are marked down by 20%! Ours is a small but artfully curated selection of premium, single origin teas from Darjeeling, Assam, Nepal, and the Nilgiris. In addition, we stock a couple of delicious custom chais!

Swing by our shop and take a look! There's something for every palate and taste profile!

Have a great week ahead!

YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am

A new day, a new week, a new website, and some new teas!

Hello - its Vikram from Yatra Tea Company! I hope you had a nice Easter weekend.

We thought it appropriate to add some new teas to christen the new website! We have 4 new teas - a delicious Darjeeling Mao Feng green tea from Gopaldhara Estate plucked in the Autumn, and 3 winter flush smooth black teas from the Nilgiris - Glendale, Kodanad, and Craigmore, all plucked in early 2019!

You spoke and we listened - we also have samples of ALL our teas (except for the chai) available for individual purchase! So you can buy a sample of a single tea, or our entire collection. Your choice!

Our attention is now on sourcing quality First Flush teas. While we finalize that, we still have some great single estate teas available for purchase, in addition to the 4 new teas mentioned above! Darjeeling selections include teas from Castleton (oolong), Castleton (white), Goomtee, Thurbo, Glenburn (green). Assam includes the award winning Halmari. Our sole tea from Nepal is the mouth watering Sakhira. And of course, we have our delicious Lunar Masala Chai!

BIG REQUEST - if you have purchased tea from us previously, can we request you to add an honest review? No matter how you feel about your order experience and the teas you purchased, we would like to hear about it. Positive comments will help us sell more and continue to curate, comments indicating we need to improve will help us do exactly that! So either way, your feedback is very important to us!

Thanks for reading everyone - have a great week ahead!

Vikram