Hi from Vikram at Yatra Tea Company!

Vendor news and self-promotion
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Greetings from Yatra Tea Company! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! As the year comes to an end, here is our final promotion of 2020:

25% off all products (except the gift card) with code BYE20 through the end of the year.

For those not familiar with us, ours is small curated selection of South Asian teas with a focus on single origin, orthodox productions from Assam, Darjeeling, Nilgiri, and Nepal.

If you want a taste of all the teas we offer, our 10 tea sampler is ideal - 4 cups per tea, enough to determine which ones suit your palate.

Please do consider leaving us a review for teas you've tried, liked, or maybe haven't liked. As a one-person company with little to no marketing dollars, your reviews tell others we're worth a look. And your honest feedback tells us what's working, and what's not.

Thanks for reading - wish you all a super start to 2021!

Vikram
https://yatrateacompany.com/collections/frontpage
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi folks, hope you had a nice weekend!

Yatra Tea Company is offering free domestic shipping in the US through Friday, Jan 22. No code required.

Curated single origin teas from Darjeeling, Assam, Nilgiris, and Nepal are on offer! Plus a delicious chai blended locally using single origin spices. Visit our shop to check them out!

A special thanks to folks who have been leaving reviews. I am extremely grateful!

Have a great week ahead!

Vikram
(Shop - https://yatrateacompany.com/collections/frontpage)
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:23 am

Hi folks, hope you're all doing well!

Yatra Tea Company completed 7 years of being in business last week! To celebrate with the people that have made it possible, we are offering 25% off with code Yatra7 now through Saturday Feb 20!

Whatever your preference, our curated selection of single origin teas from South Asia will satisfy.

Light/floral - check out offerings from Sakhira Estate, Rohini Estate, and Tara Chiyabari

Medium bodied/fruity - check out Barnesbeg Estate, Havukal Estate, and Kodanad Estate

Full bodied/robust - we have two outstanding Assams from Marangi Estate and Halmari Estate

And a couple of other unique/non-standard productions in a fruity green tea from Rong Estate and an Autumn Oolong from Rohini Estate. And to complete, a delightful light masala chai, a result of a collaboration with a local spice shop that sources single origin spices from around the world!

The perfect way to acquaint yourself with our offerings is through our sampler - 4 cups of each of our single origin teas!

A special thanks to those who continue to support us - no way I'd be selling tea without your patronage!

Have a great week ahead!

Vikram
(Link to shop - https://yatrateacompany.com/collections/frontpage)
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon May 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Greetings everyone. Hope all my tea friends are continuing to stay safe and healthy!

Its been a while since Yatra Tea Company ran a sale, so now through end of Thursday all our teas are 25% off with code Yatra25 at checkout.

Still in stock are curated single origin offerings from Assam, Darjeeling, and Nepal. And we continue to stock our delicious take on masala chai!

Hope you all have a great week ahead!

Vikram

Victoria
Admin

Mon May 31, 2021 2:24 pm

@YatraTeaCo any updates on this years 1st flush Darjeeling?
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:27 am

Victoria wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:24 pm
YatraTeaCo any updates on this years 1st flush Darjeeling?
Oh dear, I am so sorry for missing this altogether. I haven't been very active on Tea Forum - please accept my apologies.

I am sure you have all the info you need on First Flush Darjeelings by now! Did you end up drinking any Darjeelings this season? I sourced a couple of organic FF and SF Darjeelings from Sungma and Puttabong this year. The Sungma was a late FF tea - markedly less astringency, slightly more mouthfeel than earlier plucked FF Darjeelings. The Puttabong was a quintiessential SF with strong muscatel flavor, something I've generally found elusive in even those SF Darjeelings marketed as muscatel. Its a delicious tea!

Hope you're having a nice Thanskgiving break!
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving from Vikram at Yatra Tea Company!

I hope you are having a wonderful time with family!

Now through end of day Monday November 29th, all our teas are available at a 25% discount with code TURKEY25 at checkout.

For those not familiar with our company, we have a humble but carefully curated selection of single origin teas sourced from iconic estates in India and Nepal. Our current offerings include award winning Assams from Halmari Estate and Marangi Estate, delicious, organically produced First and Second Flush Darjeelings from Sungma Estate and Puttabong Estate, a floral, high altitude Nepali spring production to rival the best Darjeelings, courtesy Juntara Estate, an uncommon summer green tea expertly produced by Assam’s Hattialli Estate, and the always reliable Blue Mountain (Nilgiri) production from Glendale Estate.

We look forward to the opportunity to send you some teas this Thanskgiving! Have a wonderful holiday!

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Hello hello! Its been months since I posted here. Well, now I have some reason to! I've sourced a few new teas from 2022. Now through Friday, all orders ship free. No code is needed.

Castleton Estate's First Flush Darjeeling is a slightly finicky tea to brew, but is quintessentially Darjeeling. Light and floral with good body and balancing astirngency.

Puttabong Estate's Second Flush Darjeeling is deeply muscatel. Not the elusive may have notes of muscatel second flushes. I sourced this tea last year and was blown away by how front and centre the muscatel flavor was. In my opinion, Puttabong can do no wrong, but try it for yourself.

Halmari Estate's Second Flush award winning Assam needs little introduction. Consistently the best Assam Orthodox produced in India.

This last tea is exclusively produced for Yatra by my good friend at Marangi Estate in Assam. A very smooth, tippy Assam designed to be drunk as is, but does well with a splash of milk. I sourced this tea first in 2020 and not surprisingly, it was a very well received. This year's harvest is no different.

Look forward to the opportunity to send you some directly sourced, curated single origin tea!

Vikram
https://yatrateacompany.com/
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:44 pm

Happy Diwali! Wish you all a bright end of year and 2023!

I'm running a 20% discount on all teas now through end of day Friday 10/28 with code DIWALI22 at checkout.

High quality single origin Darjeeling and Assam teas in shop! Thanks for reading.

Vikram
YatraTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for supporting Yatra Tea Company for over 5 years now. I am very grateful for your patronage.

Our Thanksgiving sale is on now through Nov 28th. "Thanksgiving Thirds" discounts your order by 33%, no code is required. I've become hyperfocused, curating only a handful of teas, but I consider these to be top notch.

Castleton Estate 1st Flush Darjeeling is a light, floral Spring tea. A pleasing aroma with a quintessential Darjeeling 1st Flush taste. Clean with balancing astringency. Delicious both hot or cold brewed.

Puttabong Estate 2nd Flush Darjeeling is a deeply muscatel Summer tea. Muscatel is a very elusive flavor and while most 2nd Flush Darjeelings are marketed as such, I've found that few have the deep muscatel sweetness that Puttabong posseses. Wonderful tea for fans of 2nd Flush productions.

Halmari Estate 2nd Flush Assam is an award winning Summer tea from the world renowned Halmari Estate. A limited clonal production, this is a must try for any Assam aficionado.

Marangi Estate 2nd Flush Assam is a tip heavy exclusive production made especially for Yatra by our friends at Marangi Estate. This Assam is intended to be drunk as is. Smooth and flavorful.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving in the company of your loved ones. Look forward to sending you some teas!

Vikram