Liquid Proust Teas

Vendor news and self-promotion
LiquidProust
Vendor

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Remembrance of Things Past or In Search of Lost Time... which is it you prefer?
Anyways, my name is Andrew! Liquid Proust Teas has always had the objective to provide experiences through tea. Liquid Proust Tea started out with blending which can be read about here https://liquidproust.wordpress.com/

As my taste changed, just like many others, flavored teas lost their appeal while I became more experienced with my palate and straight teas. Over the years I've been converted to an aged tea drinker in which I focus a lot on puerh for many reasons... in fact, I could write pages on the connection to Marcel Proust's concepts within his masterpiece to puerh.

I'm probably most known for:
1. Group Buys. I was in Tokyo of 2015 for my student teaching and came back with like 20lbs of tea which became the first group buy and since then... quite a few. I run an event yearly now that continues to grow: The Sheng Olympiad.
2. Sending Puerh Everywhere. During 2016-2017 I was able to send out 500 packages of puerh at the cost of shipping because the community has continued to provide me with the resources to equip anyone who doesn't know where to start or just doesn't have the funds. I would have to say that I received around 20 kilograms of puerh in donations from people as well as vendors and then bought more to send out to those on Reddit, Instagram, Facebook, and some local events.
3. Connecting Tea People. It seems to me that about every week I introduce people to one another because the common interest/hobby/lifestyle/passion of tea brings us together and sometimes all it takes is a small introduction.

There's probably more I could say but that should be good.

I'm most active https://www.instagram.com/liquidproust/ but if you're looking for a good time http://www.liquidproust.com/

Looking forward to assisting in whatever way I can here :)
-Andrew / Liquid Proust
CWarren

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 am

Speaking from experience as I’ve been purchasing from Liquid Proust for quite some time I can honestly say that not only are the teas he offers amazing but the work he does in the backgound within the Tea community assisting both old and new folks alike is incredible.

I’m not a flavored tea guy but back in the day when he was blending he even converted me to a few of them. Now I’m even more excited that he is primarily dealing in awesome aged boutique and factory cake samples many of which aren’t available without large pricetag cake investments or splits with other pu heads. I’ve indulged in many a sample.

I’ve also taken part in the regional group oolong buys and the past two years Olympiad as well as some private purchases.

I don’t normally post in this detail or ramble this long but I seriously recommend Liquid Proust Teas as a vendor and praise his work outside of the business. Check him out if you haven’t or check out some of his crazy posts and stories on Instagram. :lol: