Bok

Vendor news and self-promotion
Bok
Vendor

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:39 pm

I will be passing over to the blue side... and become a vendor. Although I do not really consider myself a vendor in the classical sense, it is more to preserve the integrity and independent, non-commercial spirit of this forum.

As a byproduct of my own collection and pot hunting efforts, I do often find things that I don’t really need or want, or previously purchased pots become redundant etc. But which might be of interest to others. Selling these helps me in turn to relieve my own budget...

Bare in mind that I am a hobby-occasional seller, not a fully commercial one. I can’t provide any service, insurances, return policies as a commercial enterprise would be able to. No shop or anything either, if I come across something that I don’t need, I’ll put it up for sale as usual...

I will still take the liberty to speak my mind in regards to commercial vendors though :mrgreen:
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 pm

That's good news for people looking for teaware. Bok, you know Chinese, a lot about Yixing & antiques, & have a good eye for spotting fakes & value for $. I see no reason for you not to put all of that to work. Happy hunting!
Noonie

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Bok wrote:
I will be passing over to the blue side... and become a vendor. Although I do not really consider myself a vendor in the classical sense, it is more to preserve the integrity and independent, non-commercial spirit of this forum.

As a byproduct of my own collection and pot hunting efforts, I do often find things that I don’t really need or want, or previously purchased pots become redundant etc. But which might be of interest to others. Selling these helps me in turn to relieve my own budget...

Bare in mind that I am a hobby-occasional seller, not a fully commercial one. I can’t provide any service, insurances, return policies as a commercial enterprise would be able to. No shop or anything either, if I come across something that I don’t need, I’ll put it up for sale as usual...

I will still take the liberty to speak my mind in regards to commercial vendors though :mrgreen:
Hope it works you good for you, best of luck!
OCTO

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Bok wrote:

A long overdue move..... Good one!

Cheers !
Bok
Vendor

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 am

Thanks guys, appreciated...

What I’ve been thinking is this:
Interested parties with serious collecting intent can let me know what they are looking for and what budget they have in mind.

Provided it’s a reasonable and market realistic budget, I can offer to keep my eyes open on my own collection efforts.

Otherwise, things are not gonna change much for now :)
faj

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:15 am

Bok wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 am
Interested parties with serious collecting intent can let me know what they are looking for
I am not, at this time, part of the the category of buyers you are targeting, but I think this is an interesting approach that has potential. Best of luck in this endeavor.

While I understand you may not have an actual inventory of things to sell along with a formal price list unless selling from your personal collection, I would suggest you consider the possibility of giving general guidance on the type of products you have access to, along with ballpark market prices for certain representative categories.

It would also be interesting to understand if your research activities are mainly those of a tea drinker (teapots that are great for tea drinking and may also have value as collectibles) or those of a collector (teapots that have value as collectibles but might also be good for tea).
Bok
Vendor

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:17 am

faj wrote:
I would suggest you consider the possibility of giving general guidance on the type of products you have access to, along with ballpark market prices for certain representative categories.
That is a very good suggestion, I will do so in a separate post.
faj wrote:
It would also be interesting to understand if your research activities are mainly those of a tea drinker (teapots that are great for tea drinking and may also have value as collectibles) or those of a collector (teapots that have value as collectibles but might also be good for tea).
I would say for me it is 50/50. I always liked old things since I was a kid, so applying one interest to another came quite naturally.

However, I did get seriously interested and intrigued by how old clay can enhance the whole tea experience, not only on a pure flavour level, but as a whole. I had some luck and good guidance in the beginning and my first antiques were game-changers for me.

The way old teapots have the traces and imperfections due to being hand-made added that additional charm and flair that newer Yixing always lacked for me and made them uninteresting to me. Most modern Yixing is soulless to my eyes. Anyone tracking down old posts of mine can see that I had been a Yixing doubter for the longest time...

In additon, antique Yixing are safe in regards to clay adultering.

I strongly oppose collecting for collecting's sake. All my pots, no matter how old or precious, are mercilessly used for their intended purpose. I would find it a shame if they were just collecting dust in a shelf. As a matter of fact, they will reward you with glow, if you are kind to them and nourish them :mrgreen:
Bok
Vendor

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:46 am

Following general guidance of what I could source:

Qing/ROC
I am most comfortable sourcing antiques from the Late Qing, early Republican era. Earlier is more difficult to identify, stakes are too high and lots of disagreements even among collectors, so I avoid those. I also would not venture into the premium high value sector, as again the stakes are too high. Think for example high quality Zhuni, ornamented pots and such.

Commoner and mid-level pots are all good to go. Price will depend a lot on state of the object, style, clay, firing, workmanship. On average the price range will be in between the 600-1000$ range. This is for pots with average workmanship and might include imperfections as chips small and larger, repairs etc. Perfect condition is rare and of course would increase the price quite a bit. Zhuni is of course premium and to be honest, if I find some, I will most likely keep them...

F1
Early Factory, although those are hard fought for around here and prices can be unreasonably high, compared to older ones.
Later F1 I could source as well, depends a bit on the particular model, case by case basis.

Price really depends on the exact style, clay and vintage. Prices will be similar as to what others offer.

I am not interested too much in Xiaomingjia or ornamented pots, so I am less inclined and confident to source them...

Chaozhou
The occasional vintage or antique CZ teapots cross my way from time to time. Recommended for anyone into Dancong teas and other roasted oolongs.

All this is hypothesis, it would take time and effort to hunt those down, unless it is happenstance :P
Bok
Vendor

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Teaser: I will have something nice on offer very soon... a late Qing/ROC heart sutra in black clay. Still in the process of cleaning and resetting it, so it will not be ready until next week 8-)
Bok
Vendor

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Just a little heads up: I am doing a small selection of Taiwanese Oolongs for a shop in the EU, in Germany: Anmo Art Cha. This might be a good option for our members in the EU to have an additional choice of getting their fix on Taiwanese teas…

I have prepared two selections: an entry level and a more advanced set. This does by no means mean that the entry level is lesser tea, but they are more affordable and good daily drinkers.

Novice:
_Shanlinxi
_Dongding
_Mixiang Hongcha
_Laocha

Connaisseur:
_Lishan Gaoshan (slightly more expensive than the other Gaoshan)
_Lishan Gaoshan
_Lishan Gaoshan Hongcha
_Lishan Gaoshan Laocha

More information in due time, probably be ready in a couple of weeks at most.

Note: This selection will only be available via that shop, I don’t want to deal with import/export of food items and the attached regulatory mess…
OCTO

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:22 am

Bok wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:39 pm
Just a little heads up: I am doing a small selection of Taiwanese Oolongs for a shop in the EU, in Germany: Anmo Art Cha. This might be a good option for our members in the EU to have an additional choice of getting their fix on Taiwanese teas…

I have prepared two selections: an entry level and a more advanced set. This does by no means mean that the entry level is lesser tea, but they are more affordable and good daily drinkers.

Novice:
_Shanlinxi
_Dongding
_Mixiang Hongcha
_Laocha

Connaisseur:
_Lishan Gaoshan (slightly more expensive than the other Gaoshan)
_Lishan Gaoshan
_Lishan Gaoshan Hongcha
_Lishan Gaoshan Laocha

More information in due time, probably be ready in a couple of weeks at most.

Note: This selection will only be available via that shop, I don’t want to deal with import/export of food items and the attached regulatory mess…
Yummy!!.... Nice selection.
d.manuk

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:00 am

Let us know when Anmo starts selling your tea selections. Hopefully they’ll ship to the US. I’ve always been curious to try the gaoshan that you drink.

When I first read the title I thought you were going to start selling tea. Tea pots are ok too, I guess... :P
Bok
Vendor

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:00 am
I’ve always been curious to try the gaoshan that you drink.
Well, it’s partly what I drink… the higher end stuff is commercially not really viable for export.
Bok
Vendor

Sat May 09, 2020 6:37 am

Tea is being picked up Monday morning and will be en route for Germany!
Attachments
07DA33F1-5E54-4978-89A6-63F4DC3FB39B.jpeg
07DA33F1-5E54-4978-89A6-63F4DC3FB39B.jpeg (158.24 KiB) Viewed 36086 times
6B5F9E86-28DF-4BB9-9855-1DCAA4065C6A.jpeg
6B5F9E86-28DF-4BB9-9855-1DCAA4065C6A.jpeg (215.83 KiB) Viewed 36086 times
gradiva

Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 am

Yasssss!!!