Tillerman Tea

Vendor news and self-promotion
Victoria
Admin

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Tillerman wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm
A new shipment of Chen Laoshi's Dong Ding is on the way and should be here by week's end. I also will be receiving some of his Alishan; it's a superb tea at a reasonable price.
Good to hear this, thank you. How does Lasoshi’s Alishan distinguish itself from others?
Tillerman
Vendor

Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Victoria wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Tillerman wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm
A new shipment of Chen Laoshi's Dong Ding is on the way and should be here by week's end. I also will be receiving some of his Alishan; it's a superb tea at a reasonable price.
Good to hear this, thank you. How does Lasoshi’s Alishan distinguish itself from others?
As with all of his teas, the Alishan is oxidized to a higher degree than is now common and the tea is given a moderate roasting. I find it mouth filling and very long lasting.
Tillerman
Vendor

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello, The Winter 2018 Dong Ding & the Winter 2018 Alishan from Chen Huan Tang (Laoshi) are both in stock now. This is the last shipment of these teas that I will be able to obtain so they are available "while supplies last." Cheers, David
Tillerman
Vendor

Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am

IT HAS ARRIVED!

Laoshi's Spring 2019 Dong Ding has arrived and is now "up" on our website (https://tillermantea.net.) The Spring version of this tea is slightly less robust - a little more delicate - than the Winter version. The roast is expertly integrated with the tea to give a fine compliment without overpowering the brew. The tea finishes long and has excellent persistence. This tea will offer multiple infusions for a long and satisfying session. If you enjoy expertly roasted tea that is available at an extremely attractive price point, you definitely ought to give this one a try.
pantry

Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am

I’ve been meaning to visit your store and try your teas in person since I’m nearby. But it looks like you’re only operating online now?
Tillerman
Vendor

Wed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm

pantry wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am
I’ve been meaning to visit your store and try your teas in person since I’m nearby. But it looks like you’re only operating online now?
You're right; I am only online now. However, you are welcome to give me a call 707-260-4455 and come by for some tea.
pantry

Thu May 30, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks for the offer! Will give you a visit one of these weekends 🙏
Tillerman
Vendor

Fri May 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Selections have been made!

I've completed the final cuppings and winnowed down the Tillerman selection of Spring 2019 tea. The Dong Ding from Laoshi already is "up" on the site. Coming in about 10 days will be most of the gaoshan teas plus a couple of more Dong Ding selections. The new SLX is a really nice tea and my perennial favorite, the Cuifeng, is once again a fine example., This will be followed by the spring Muzha Tie Guan Yin which Mr. Lin is firing one more time for us.

As I have reported previously, the spring harvest was much delayed this year due to weather. One unfortunate result is that I have been unable to acquire a Wenshan Bao Zhong that merits inclusion in the list.

On another note, it is early yet but I hold hopes that this year's Bai Hao will yield a tea that makes the list. Early reports have been promising.

I'll keep you informed.
Tillerman
Vendor

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm

THE SPRING GAOSHAN HAVE ARRIVED!

Our entire selection of Spring 2019 gaoshan tea is now in stock and available on our site https://tillermantea.net/shop.

All of these teas are extremely high quality (hey, what did you expect me to say) but I want to point specifically to the SLX and the Alishan both of which are noteworthy. You can add to that my perennial pick, the Cuifeng.

Other teas: All of the season's Dong Ding are in stock and definitely worth a look.

Finally, I have tasted the final roasted version of the Muzha Tie Guan Yin and I think you will be as pleased as I am. It should arrive next week.

Any questions? You can email me from the website or you can call: 707-260-4455

Cheers,

David
Tillerman
Vendor

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Good day tea lovers,

Tillerman's selection of Spring 2020 tea is starting to appear on the website (https://tillermantea.net/shop) There are four new teas there now and more arriving on Monday. All these teas are selected from the production of friends with whom I have been dealing since 2001. Remember that North American shipping is FREE; every order, every time.

Cheers,

David
Victoria
Admin

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:59 am

Hello there @Tillerman any news on this winters harvest in Taiwan?
Tillerman
Vendor

Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:50 am

Hello @Victoria, yes, the gaoshan, some of the Dong Ding, and the Muzha TGY should be available next week (USPS willing). Laoshi's tea will be available after Christmas. I've noticed that the leaf size on the gaoshan teas is a little smaller this harvest season but the flavor is particularly nice. I will have a new Dong Ding from Phoenix Village available as well this harvest.
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:27 pm

Hello All, I am very pleased to let you all know that the bulk of Tillerman's 2020 winter teas has arrived.

The 2020 winter harvest was a difficult one as there was too much rain. The excess rain does not affect the leaf much but the absence of sun has noted adverse affects on the ability to do proper outdoor withering. Nonetheless, it is during difficult harvests that the real skill of talented tea makes shines through. I believe that you will see just how this is the case as you taste through the excellent tea that Tillerman's partners have produced.

I want to draw your attention to two special teas in the selection: Phoenix Village Dong Ding Oolongs. The first is an unroasted version that tea and is the one that Chen Kuan-Lin (Andy) originally produced. This tea comes from gardens that have been in his family for generations. The second is a mildly roasted version that I asked Andy if he could make. So - same tea, one unroasted one with a mild roast. This makes for a great examination of the influence of roasting.

Explore the 2020 inter teas; the good ones offer a lot.
LeoFox

Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi,
can you confirm whether your gaoshan packets are vacuum sealed? Thanks!
Tillerman
Vendor

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:09 pm

@LeoFox, the gaoshan tea i receive comes in vacuum sealed 150g packages . When I ship an order it is in a resealable compostable pouch with an oxygen absorber.