Tillerman Tea

Vendor news and self-promotion
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:22 am

They have arrived! The Winter 2021 gaoshan are now in stock - along with a first rate Roasted Phoenix Village Dong Ding Oolong. Order before December 16th to ensure arrival by Christmas
Victoria
Admin

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:40 am

Great news as I am running low! Have really enjoyed your Cuifeng, it is a such a unique and elegant tea. I thought it was a lightly roasted high mountain, but now I see it is just slightly oxidized. Really exceptional 🍃.
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm

Very happy to announce that the very fine Winter 2021 tea from Laoshi is now available. We are offering the exceptionally priced Dong Ding and the lightly roasted Alishan. Check these out on our website Tillerman Tea and remember that North American shipping is ALWAYS free; every order, every time.
Last edited by Victoria on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: updated link
Tillerman
Vendor

Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 am

THEY'VE ARRIVED!

The Spring 2022 teas are now in stock and will be available on our website this weekend. We have three teas from Laoshi: the new Dong Ding as well as two roasted gaoshan teas. The first is a Meishan and the second is a new tea - a Chileshan.

Andy (Chen Kuan Lin) has again provided our Roasted Dong Ding, the Sweet Scent Dong Ding and the Phoenix Village Mild Roasted Dong Ding.

From our other growers we have a selection of unroasted gaoshan: a Lishan, a Shan Lin Xi, an Alishan and a very fine Tian Chi.

I hope that you all will have the chance to taste these great teas.
Tillerman
Vendor

Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:59 am

AT LONG LAST!!

Supply chain holdups have been overcome, finally. The first selection of winter 2022 tea has arrived and is in stock!

These include the unroasted gaoshan tea and two of the Dong Ding teas.

Unfortunately, the tea from Laoshi has not arrived yet but will soon.

Visit https://tillermantea.net to see our current offerings.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:23 pm

Great news @Tillerman. Sipping on your ‘22 Qilaishan from Laoshi -such a special oolong. Looking forward to Spring as well 🍃
pedant
Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:04 pm

just placed an order!
botlofchaz

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:40 pm

Thank you for the update @Tillerman. On my last 10 or so grams of Laoshi's dong ding from this past spring, and have been patiently awaiting the winter harvest of this tea. Will keep an eye out on the website and will place an order once it is available.
PamelaOry

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:20 pm

Just placed an order for a few samples and 2oz. Of the Lishan high mountain. It sounds wonderful! I’m still exploring to find which teas I prefer, both suppliers and types. Looking forward to sampling your teas. :)
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Dear friends in tea,

After nearly a quarter of a century of involvement with the teas of Taiwan, and 17 years of operating Tillerman Tea, the time has come to say goodbye.

Tillerman was founded on the principle of direct sourcing. And that meant regular trips to Taiwan to meet with growers and producers. These “Taiwan cha ren” have become some of the dearest friends I have and my love for the beautiful country of Taiwan is seared into my heart and soul. But I find that I am no longer capable of making these journeys as age, as it inevitably does, has wrought its changes. It is time to cede the pitch to younger players.

So, I bid you farewell, and I thank you for all the support that you have shown to Tillerman Tea and the extraordinary teas from Taiwan over these many years. I’ll cherish the memories of this journey that you have allowed me to take.

Thank you all.

Warmly,

David
Victoria
Admin

Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:54 pm

Oh David, I’m so sorry to receive your update. You have been an invaluable resource to oolong lovers!
Just this morning, I thought of contacting you to get news from you, as I sipped on your Laoshi Winter DongDing. This last week I’ve been on a @Tillerman binge enjoying so many of your teas as I wake up. Sending a warm embrace to you 🍃
pedant
Admin

Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:04 pm

sorry to hear that, david. thank you for your contributions to online tea at large.

i am particularly fond of your articles. will your website remain online indefinitely? if not, would you be opposed to having your thoughts preserved for posterity? we could mirror them on the forum if you want.
GaoShan

Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear this. I'll miss your Sweet Scented Dong Ding (I actually checked your site to see if I could get more, but it looks like it's already down).

Thank you for your contribution to the North American oolong scene, and I wish you all the best in the future. :)
botlofchaz

Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:37 pm

Thank you David. Your teas were a jumping off point for me in starting to explore Taiwanese oolongs. And I also learned so much reading many of your insightful blog posts. Grateful for the opportunity to taste so many wonderful teas at such fair price points. Will especially miss Laoshi's teas--the qilai was one of my favorites. All the best in whatever is next.
Bok
Vendor

Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:08 am

Thanks David for your contributions over the years, they have always been good reads – hope you still pop by in the forum nonetheless! Do you plan to keep the website active in some capacity? Your blog entries have been informative, funny and worthy keeping available to muse!

If not, we might be able to include them on here somewhere?