Old Ways Tea - Wuyi Yancha Vendor

Vendor news and self-promotion
OldWaysTea
Vendor

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:30 pm

My wife and I stared Old Ways Tea as an online shop to sell tea from our family's farms in Wuyishan.

In addition to the shop I have a small blog where I try to create some interesting content. So far I've featured picture sets and descriptions of places around Wuyishan, such as Niu Lan Keng or Tongmu Masu. If you enjoy this content I would love to hear about it.

If you already know about the shop it is probably because you visit /r/tea. I've been fairly active there for about a year now. I'm excited to see a new tea forum get started. If you have any questions or would like to know more about any of the offerings please let me know; I'm always happy to discuss tea.

That said, I'll leave you with a picture.

Best Regards,
Old Ways Tea
Victoria
Admin

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Welcome to TeaForum, your selections and blog look great.
Bok
Vendor

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 am

I like how you provide the details on the teas, very clear. Even including Chinese characters and pronounciation. Nice!
OldWaysTea
Vendor

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for the feedback Victoria and Bok.

To all interested, I've uploaded a new post on my blog. Bamboo Raft Tour of Wuyishan
wildisthewind

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm

The site looks great, and I'm looking forward to placing an order in a few minutes.

Your blog has some great information.

One thing I noticed is that there's a lot of overlap between some of the teas, and it would be helpful to have the differences better explained. For different years of the "same" tea (same producer, same garden, same grade), you could list them as one tea, and give a choice for the year in a drop-down menu. I've seen it done that way elsewhere (teahong comes to mind), and it works well. The other confusion I had was with the 4-5 different black teas listed as old tree or wild. It would be helpful to see the difference explained better: maybe one is Meizhan and another is just generic caicha, maybe one is from a younger garden, etc.

By the way, do you know what cultivar was used in the white tea? Shuixian, Rougui?
OldWaysTea
Vendor

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 pm

wildisthewind wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm
The site looks great, and I'm looking forward to placing an order in a few minutes.

Your blog has some great information.

One thing I noticed is that there's a lot of overlap between some of the teas, and it would be helpful to have the differences better explained. For different years of the "same" tea (same producer, same garden, same grade), you could list them as one tea, and give a choice for the year in a drop-down menu. I've seen it done that way elsewhere (teahong comes to mind), and it works well. The other confusion I had was with the 4-5 different black teas listed as old tree or wild. It would be helpful to see the difference explained better: maybe one is Meizhan and another is just generic caicha, maybe one is from a younger garden, etc.

By the way, do you know what cultivar was used in the white tea? Shuixian, Rougui?
Wildisthewind, thanks for the feedback and the order. I hope you enjoy the tea.

Comments like yours help inspire me to keep writing the blog entries.

Those are some good ideas, I think I should focus on better explaining the differences. I've been considering adding more detail on the farms, and linking each product to a farm. I think I should at least link together the teas that are different years of the same garden and producer. As a small shop I try to be receptive to suggestions and implement what I can.

Unfortunately I don't have any more details on the white tea.