Ethan Kurland

Vendor news and self-promotion
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:06 am

List of teas & information for ordering has been updated. See the post of October 26, 2019 on page 4.

Cheers
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:27 pm
Tea from TAIWAN:

AGED, TRADITIONALLY-ROASTED, LISHAN OOLONG (Picked & rolled by hand):

1. Organic: FATHER LOVE: The highest quality leaves from the producer's family farm high up Mt. Li were carefully selected for medium oxidation then were carefully charcoal-roasted for 2 1/2 days in bamboo baskets that were rotated every 20 - 30 minutes; then, the leaves were sealed in special ceramic urns & aged for 6 years. Drinkers enjoy delicious flavor that is pronounced yet smooth w/ a subtle complexity. If savoring the tea, one might pick out specific notes (sometimes tart fruits, sometimes very mild spice). No tea is better for very long sessions. A modest amount of leaves is good for several excellent infusions. An opened pack that is tightly banded or clipped may be used for years. 50 grams $50.

2. Aged 22 years: Harvested 1998: This is very much like Father Love in its origins & production but perhaps very slightly smoother & less dynamic in flavor. When drinking this in 2 sessions with tea masters, I noticed that when conversation was interesting to them, they would not drink. I think this means that this tea is special enough to deserve drinkers' full attention. A modest amount of leaves is good for several excellent infusions. A tightly-closed, opened pack may be used for years. 75 grams $60.

GAOSHAN (lightly-oxidized, high-altitude oolong): Note: These leaves (of Spring 2020) are better than usual. A modest amount of leaves are good for several excellent infusions:

1. SHANLINXI: Excellent, refreshing green oolong that produces sweetness & floral notes along with vegetal taste similar to the other gaoshan. 50 grams $19.

2. DAYULING: These wonderful green leaves were produced perfectly to let us enjoy top quality lightly roasted oolong. So well balanced & delicious. Some pleasant buildup of a flavor slightly different than what is first in one's mouth helps make this tea special. A couple of times a year, a regular drinker of this DYL may be surprised to experience some most pleasant, light chaqi. (Picked & rolled by hand.) 40 grams $38.

ORGANIC BLACK TEA:

1. CHAMPIONSHIP BLACK: Top quality, pesticide- free LIshan leaves are perfectly processed to give drinkers a full, dynamic, delicious enjoyment of black tea. For many people this is not only their favorite black tea but also one of their favorites of everything they drink. Good for 2 excellent infusions with Western preparation or many infusions when prepared gongfu style. 60 grams $48.

2. ALISHAN BLACK: Various tasty flavors of this tea can be highlighted by varying steeping time. Fuller in body than oolong but has complex array of flavors like well-oxidized, unroasted oolong. Good for 2 excellent infusions. 75 grams $40.

To order send me a PM or email merrill23k@yahoo.com. $8 postage for addresses in USA,

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:14 am

It seems the website is down?
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm

I don't use a website. One day one of my nieces insisted on putting me on Facebook & on another day starting Ethan & Tea or whatever. I don't do social media & was unsuccessful in a lame attempt to delist myself & the site. My niece promised to remove me but has not. Unknown to me who had never had much contact with her before she moved to Boston, she has some mental health issues. She decided that I let her down....

Anyway, I sell only here on teaforum except for a few people who used to see me at a few festivals. The list above your post is current. You can PM me or contact me at my email, merrill23k@yahoo.com.

Cheers