Taobao Groupbuy Introduction and EoI

Atlas

Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Posted with permission of @Victoria.

I'm putting together a (in theory) few-monthly TB group buy focusing on non-desirable factory shengs of mid-maturity (think 10-16 years depending on storage location). The core concept is to split the risk of blind-caking ostensibly-promising teas across a number of people (a sample round) and follow up with orders for 1/2 or full bings if desired (bulk round), leveraging volume discounts where available. Everything is done for you, and @Nug/I split a share of the samples for our trouble, everything is otherwise at-cost.

Full details are here

Round 1 candidates are here. Members of the LA group will be able to comment on some of these.

If you think you will want in on this any time soon, please fill out the survey here.

The first sample round will go live in a week or two, and the timing of the first bulk round will depend on preferences of participants.

mod edit: *** this is now closed - round 1 is complete ***
Last edited by pedant on Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod edit: updated as requested by Atlas
mrmopu

Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Yes please. I am not on slack though.
Atlas

Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 pm

mrmopu wrote:
added. you should have an email as well
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Apologies to Alex: I was looking at the first document earlier and must have hit the space bar a few times or something! I wasn't suggesting adding spaces (not intentionally anyway) :D
Atlas

Tue May 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Hah, hi Jay, I wondered if that was you!
mrmopu

Wed May 09, 2018 7:41 am

Atlas wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 pm
mrmopu wrote:
added. you should have an email as well
I got it ! Thank you sir, I replied on the email.
S_B

Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 pm

For those also interested in the TW buy, the spreadsheet also includes the TW buy rules/introduction document. If interested I have my contact info included in that document. Please contact me there if interested in a buy soon (and do fill out the survey). I am thinking of a pronged approach to the TW buy. I'm thinking of a cheaper run for standard factory cakes to split between interested participants, and a more exxy buy that splits between (ideally) 7 people to get a discount for upper-end cakes. Not all cakes will necessarily be acquired from the auction, but from reliable vendors as well. This may be useful in avoiding shitty storage problems. Splitting cakes on either level is also a possibility, though less desired by me personally but I will follow the groups desires at the end of the day~ The other advantage to the TW buy is that there's a good chance we can have each cake sent directly to each buyer, saving us on domestic rerouting money. Will check with agent on that soon.

Let me know if interested, folks and thanks!
Teachronicles

Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Atlas wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm
Posted with permission of @Victoria.

I'm putting together a (in theory) few-monthly TB group buy focusing on non-desirable factory shengs of mid-maturity (think 10-16 years depending on storage location). The core concept is to split the risk of blind-caking ostensibly-promising teas across a number of people (a sample round) and follow up with orders for 1/2 or full bings if desired (bulk round), leveraging volume discounts where available. Everything is done for you, and @Nug/I split a share of the samples for our trouble, everything is otherwise at-cost.

Full details are here

Round 1 candidates are here. Members of the LA group will be able to comment on some of these.

If you think you will want in on this any time soon, please fill out the survey here.

The first sample round will go live in a week or two, and the timing of the first bulk round will depend on preferences of participants.
I'm definitely interested. The survey says it's ended btw.
Atlas

Thu May 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Teachronicles wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 pm
Presuming you've checked the excel sheet and read through the info doc, PM me your name, username, US/Intl status, and whether you'd like like the std set or BZ too, and I'll add you to the ledger and distribution list for future rounds.

My email is atlasairborne at gmail.

Anyone else who's interested should do the same. There's no guarantees of getting in on round 1 at this point as there's more interest than I anticipated, but it shouldn't be a huge problem.