FS: 2005 "LBZ Peacock" Puerh

pedant
Admin

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:19 pm

i'm passing along an offer from a friend for a malaysian-stored tea that i like. i tonged it and will probably handle domestic re-shipping for people in the US. i guess that makes it kind of a group buy. i'm not taking a cut and don't benefit from more people ordering.

i can't personally vouch for the true % of LBZ in there, but it tastes like LBZ to me, and i enjoy drinking it.

after paypal fees, the price comes in at around 470usd/cake (not including shipping). i think at least a few tongs are available.

2005-peacock-1.jpg
2005-peacock-1.jpg (225.5 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
2005-peacock-2.jpg
2005-peacock-2.jpg (162.27 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
The massive Banzhang tea I managed to source in 2018, for almost the same price. More than one person asked me for more cakes over the years, but I don't remember exactly who did. Anyway, I finally managed to find it again, with nice storage. This tea is not easy to source at all. There are copycat wrappers from the same time, suspicious variations (different batches, fakes? I still don't know) etc. There were a couple of times where I thought I had found it, but the numbering and/or etc. were missing. This is the real deal.

Price: 1880 ringgit (Paypal rate) per cake. Shipping is not included, but a friend usually gets it for us in the US as a consolidated package and redistributes the cakes; the shipping price from MY is usually very ok too.

Availability: 4 tongs.

For anyone who hasn't done this before, my friend in Malaysia takes care of the logistics, payment via Paypal. I bought a tong last month already, and I'm likely going to sell it to make ends meet, so payment is either to his account or mine. Shipping can take a little while, esp. with the current health situation, but I'll try to keep the shipping under a month from he gets the cakes.
mike pong wrote about it on fb few years ago:

2005-peacock-pong-fb-comment.jpg
2005-peacock-pong-fb-comment.jpg (55.76 KiB) Viewed 2951 times

if you happen to know him (i don't), you could ask him about the tea maybe.
m2193

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:29 am

I don't have the cash to opt for a full cake currently, but if you're willing at some point to split a cake, I'm in!

As an aside: I find it amusing that on the legitimate cake, the "QiZiPing" is misspelled, but on a faked cake (https://sinofiliateashop.com/our-online ... n-gng-rui2) sold by a shop in NJ, it's spelled correctly on the wrapper. The fake also says it was a 2888 tong production instead of a 2005 tong one, according to the neifei.

I'm confused by Pong's comment that it was a 500kg production though, since the neifei states that 2005 tongs (and each tong (筒) is 7 cakes right?) were produced. So 2005 tongs * 7 cakes/tong * 400g/cake = 5,614,000g or 5614kg. Is the 500kg in reference to the amount of LBZ maocha that went into the production? Or is my math wrong somewhere?
pedant
Admin

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 pm

m2193 wrote:
I don't have the cash to opt for a full cake currently, but if you're willing at some point to split a cake, I'm in!
i might be able to sell you half of one of mine. i'll think about it more when i get my cakes.
m2193 wrote:
I'm confused by Pong's comment that it was a 500kg production though, since the neifei states that 2005 tongs (and each tong (筒) is 7 cakes right?) were produced. So 2005 tongs * 7 cakes/tong * 400g/cake = 5,614,000g or 5614kg. Is the 500kg in reference to the amount of LBZ maocha that went into the production? Or is my math wrong somewhere?
dunno lol
LeoFox

Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Thank you, @pedant for the generous sample of this tea!

Quite an interesting experience. Never having had LBZ before, I was expecting something very bitter. This is not so bitter. The thick and creamy mouthfeel - and the intense return sweetness are something else! For me, it is a bit astringent in the mouth- but still very relaxing to drink. The dry leaf reminded me a little of Timothy hay.

Didnt numb my tongue though, Hahahahaha
pedant
Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:48 pm

all tea has been sent out.

i thought there might be another round of buying, but the source dried up, so i'm archiving this.