Swap puerh tea samples/partial cakes in Thailand ? (for example, WTS 2004 Hong Tai Chang Raw Pu-erh)

Buy and sell tea, teaware, and accessories
Ludovitche

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi,

I live in Thailand and I am willing to exchange samples with anyone interested.
I am not selling teas, the idea would be to swap teas by EMS (or in person if you live in Chiang Mai).

I've recently skipped sampling, and bought whole cakes of tea... blind...
While none of the tea I bought is bad, some of it is not what I expected.

The 2004 Yuen Neun Hong Tai Chang Raw Pu-erh Tea, by Tea Side, is too subtle for me.
Anyone interested to exchange a sample of this tea against another good semi aged sheng, please contact me.

I can't fault this tea: storage is very clean, it's smooth, no bitterness, subtle aromas of dried fruits... Clean to a fault !
But I prefer semi-aged puerh teas that are more "in your face", while this one is clearly restrained.

I'll keep drinking that tea, but a whole cake might be a bit much for me.
I am not trying to get rid of bad teas, I only consider swapping teas I'm confident other people will understand better than me.

I have other teas I could exchange, at all prices
For instance a 1999 basket ripe from YS, also clean to a fault.
Or a brick of cheap Manzhuan HuangPian from BitterLeaf, that is also on the light side.

I live in Chiang Mai and my wife has a coffee shop on Nimman (yes, one more of these :lol:)
If you live there too, I'll be happy to make you try these teas on weekends (pm me if you want more info).
twt_reddit

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:10 am

pm'd you :)
Ludovitche

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:00 am

I would like to swap/buy/sell small amounts of tea (20 to 150 grams) only inside Thailand.
I am not willing to deal with overseas shipping and its potential issues right now.