Selling this 100ml modern zhuni teapot I originally got from Teamasters (around two years ago, if I remember right).
The clay is high-fired and the walls are thin, making it especially suitable for lighter teas such as baozhong or gaoshan, although it also does well with lighter yancha. These are also the teas that I've been brewing in it, although the pot has only seen relatively light use. The lid fit is good and the pot pours without dribbles. It has a single-hole filter.
I have done a number of side-by-side comparisons and feel that, compared to porcelain, the pot retains extra aromatics and flavour.
The seam inside the teapot mimics what you might see inside an antique teapot, but make no mistake - this piece is not an antique. I am unsure if it is fully handmade or half-handmade, but would lean towards half-handmade with good attention to details. Perhaps some of the teapot experts on this forum would be able to advise on that.
I have posted some further photos of it under different lightings (natural vs flash) in a different thread, see: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=244&start=30
Selling at 150 EUR plus shipping. Postage within Europe costs 20 EUR, also happy to ship outside Europe with an extra cost.
Buy and sell tea, teaware, and accessories
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- unnamed (18).jpg (127.64 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (19).jpg (109.93 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (20).jpg (104.62 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (21).jpg (78.98 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (22).jpg (68.53 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (23).jpg (85.19 KiB) Viewed 423 times
- unnamed (24).jpg (120.85 KiB) Viewed 423 times