cha dao sets

Brent D

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Never had one. Thinking it may heighten my brewing experience. show yours off!
Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:25 am

I fancied those things when first arriving to Taiwan, in the meantime I find them superfluous, especially as most of them are just too ugly and generic in appearance. Crowds the tea table.

The only luxurious item if you want that I use daily is a wooden scoop and pick, for roughly measuring up the tea and also inserting when the opening of the pot is too small. Scoop to lightl push away leaves from the inside of the spout when the gaoshan begins to clog it. Otherwise helping the leaves along the scoop into pot or jar.

Made by a local Wood craftsman, Wu Laoshi from Tainan. Very generous older gentleman, gifted it to me. Put me in a tough spot to return the favour, until I gave him one of my pots that was good enough – although not matching his craftsmanship. Still owe him in that sense…
Attachments
Wu Laoshi-05.JPG
Wu Laoshi-05.JPG (211.2 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Wu Laoshi-08.JPG
Wu Laoshi-08.JPG (238.98 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Wu Laoshi-07.JPG
Wu Laoshi-07.JPG (175.15 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 am

A little brush that I once thought necessary to massage patina into my pots is now serving a better purpose at cleaning my coffee grinder :mrgreen:

As a tea beginner so many things seem necessary, tea tray, little cloths, scoops and picks, tea pets, strainers, etc.
The longer I brew tea now, the simpler I keep it. All distractions from the essence.
Brent D

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks for the input. Its the pick That i really feel the need for. I think it would be nice to have the tongs for cleaning leaves out of my pots.
Never understood the draw of a tea pet myself. Everyone cant be wrong though, right? :lol:
Bok
Vendor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 am

Brent D wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm
Thanks for the input. Its the pick That i really feel the need for. I think it would be nice to have the tongs for cleaning leaves out of my pots.
Never understood the draw of a tea pet myself. Everyone cant be wrong though, right? :lol:
Go to the forest and take your pick :mrgreen:
Lots of people in Asia just use a pointed bamboo branch.

Sadly, what most people do is not necessarily the right thing…