Shine Magical wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm
mudandleaves wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:03 am
Shine Magical wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 pm
Lol I like the polar bear
But it would probably stain in an unpleasant way over time
Some like to see the evolution of tea pets by staining or feeding them over a period. I prefer porcelain or glazed ceramic over Yixing for tea pets and use them just as decorative figurines (without the feeding). To each their own :)
Of course, it depends on what tea you use with it. I'm happy you stock it since I just purchased one... it will turn a nice green over time :lol:
:mrgreen: Thanks for your business!
Dresden

Mon May 20, 2019 6:16 pm

There is no self wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:44 pm
I agree that a lot of them, such as the classic pee pee boy, look a tad cheesy.
I agree with this; however, I brought my 9 year old to a brick and mortar tea shop where the owner will sit every customer down to give some gongfu tastings. I am pretty sure she started this practice because she
(1) genuinely enjoys sharing tea with people who haven't experienced it
(2) most of the time people who come into her shop have no idea what they are looking for.

Well, she had a wide variety of tea pets out. When that hot water hit the pee pee boy I thought my son was going to fall out of his chair. Needless to say, I ended up walking out of the shop with one that day. There was no avoiding it :D
d.manuk

Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Dresden wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:16 pm
There is no self wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:44 pm
I agree that a lot of them, such as the classic pee pee boy, look a tad cheesy.
I agree with this; however, I brought my 9 year old to a brick and mortar tea shop where the owner will sit every customer down to give some gongfu tastings. I am pretty sure she started this practice because she
(1) genuinely enjoys sharing tea with people who haven't experienced it
(2) most of the time people who come into her shop have no idea what they are looking for.

Well, she had a wide variety of tea pets out. When that hot water hit the pee pee boy I thought my son was going to fall out of his chair. Needless to say, I ended up walking out of the shop with one that day. There was no avoiding it :D
hehe.
pee pee
mbanu

Thu May 06, 2021 5:02 pm

If you have a pack of dogs, a herd of elephants, and a flock of seagulls, what is a group of tea-pets called? I vote for "a bric-a-brac". :)

I don't have a bric-a-brac of tea-pets myself, as I have never been able to overcome the hurdle that they normally don't do anything but sit there (even though this actually makes them quite similar to standard pets). I do have a Pee-Pee Boy I picked up under the idea of learning how to test water temperature with it when having tea outdoors, but have not followed through.

What got me to thinking of tea pets again was a Japanese artist I noticed online whose hobby is toy-photography -- he uses placement to create entertaining scenes out of everyday environments. It got me to thinking that maybe tea-pets are really more like tea-toys in this fashion, and used in a similar way to create an environment on a tray, like a mango tea-pot surrounded by ants. :D

Have you seen any good uses of tea-pets like this? Has social distancing got me seeing imaginary patterns?
mbanu

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:36 am

Are there any tea-pets that you wish were made but have not seen yet? I would find a tea-pet shaped like a doghouse pretty funny, especially if it was the same color as the pot and of the correct size to make the teapot seem like someone's odd house design. :D
DCrunner

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:01 pm

mbanu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:36 am
Are there any tea-pets that you wish were made but have not seen yet? I would find a tea-pet shaped like a doghouse pretty funny, especially if it was the same color as the pot and of the correct size to make the teapot seem like someone's odd house design. :D
If there was a nice fox tea pet I would get it. I think it would even stain nicely over time.