Porcelain Tea Tasting Set

joelbct

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I bought two of these recently, from teafromtaiwan. They are 4oz to the ridges, decently thick porcelain, don't feel cheap. The bottom has the imprint B-Choice and some Chinese characters.

There are models on Alibaba at 10 for $25- maybe I'll try if I need more. You never know.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Looking at this set, I'm wondering how often are you using it- when you get a new tea to sample? If it was redesigned it would make a good travel set, i.e. remove handle, add wood or silicone on outside of brewing vessel to protect fingers from heat, and make serving cup fit under the brewing vessel to stack. Just a thought...mmm.
joelbct

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am

Victoria wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 pm
Looking at this set, I'm wondering how often are you using it- when you get a new tea to sample? If it was redesigned it would make a good travel set, i.e. remove handle, add wood or silicone on outside of brewing vessel to protect fingers from heat, and make serving cup fit under the brewing vessel to stack. Just a thought...mmm.
Have you seen these before? I bought two, specifically for comparison tastings and taking notes on new teas. I don't use them for daily drinking, but the size would be good for Gongfu. Either Bok or Kuanglong did mention gongfu-ing Darjeeling in these sets for regular drinking.

I haven't seen any without handles- the main functional variations are volume (4-7oz), and either a single notch, or more favored, the ridges. The overall design facilitates professional use- quick pour-off, and then convenient examination of liquor and infused leaf, when many samples are being steeped and compared at once.

probably adapted from this sort of thing:

(imgur album with a few more tea tasting images)
lac63

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm

joelbct wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm
I bought two of these recently, from teafromtaiwan. They are 4oz to the ridges, decently thick porcelain, don't feel cheap. The bottom has the imprint B-Choice and some Chinese characters.

There are models on Alibaba at 10 for $25- maybe I'll try if I need more. You never know.
Hi Joel,
can you confirm the type of tea
what do you introduce us and where can
to buy.

A pleasure

Lluis abad
joelbct

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 am

lac63 wrote:
Hi Joel,
to buy.

A pleasure

Lluis abad
Do you mean where did I buy the tasting sets or the tea in the example pictures?

Tasting Set: www.teafromtaiwan.com/utensils/tasting-set

Tea pictured: Halmari Gold Tips: www.halmaritea.com/teas/halmari-gold-golden-tips/ (reviewed it in the what black tea are you drinking thread, will place link when urls are static). I prefer their orthodox and gtgfop1 gold, but the all tips is interesting.
lac63

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:08 pm

joelbct wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 am
lac63 wrote:
Hi Joel,
to buy.

A pleasure

Lluis abad
Do you mean where did I buy the tasting sets or the tea in the example pictures?

Tasting Set: www.teafromtaiwan.com/utensils/tasting-set

Tea pictured: Halmari Gold Tips: www.halmaritea.com/teas/halmari-gold-golden-tips/ (reviewed it in the what black tea are you drinking thread, will place link when urls are static). I prefer their orthodox and gtgfop1 gold, but the all tips is interesting.
The two important things.

Thank you very much for the contribution.

Lluis Abad