Glass Infuser/strainer

kaikai

Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi All,

I am new on this forum.

I recently broke my glass infuser, and need to replace it.

The teapot that I have is 600ml, and at the bottom of the teapot it has the brand name of HongJian. I have search the Internet and unable to find this replacement part. I understand that a glass teapot with the infuser is quite cheap nowadays, but then I do not want to keep buying one set each time I broke a part.

I understand that the brand HongJian is Chinese but there are also five Japanese characters written on the bottom of the teapot - 耐熱ガラス (Heat resistant glass). This teapot plus the warmer stand was given to us some years ago as a gift.

I have been searching the Internet and just could not find any news about the brand HongJian. I have also contacted some glass teapot sellers and none of them carry such parts. I find this is very strange. If you break the lid, you can but one separately. There are parts for sale for the warmers, those individual double glass cup and so on, but not this glass infuser. Given that this is such a fragile item, surely someone would hold such stocks as replacement parts.

I am only looking for the glass infuser and not those metal type or those metal coil thingy that you can find on the Internet.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please feel free to share your info.

Thanking you in advance. :D
debunix

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:08 pm

These things are fragile, but they are also inexpensive. Cheaper to replace them to repair, sadly.
kaikai

Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:34 pm

debunix wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:08 pm
These things are fragile, but they are also inexpensive. Cheaper to replace them to repair, sadly.
I am not looking to repair this but to find a replacement. Surely, there are users broken them accidentally before. I am more interested in looking for a replacement than to buy the whole set again. I am just wondering if any readers here that have the same experience and managed to find a replacement.

Thanks
debunix

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:52 pm

Perhaps I should’ve said “cheaper to replace the whole than to maintain a spare parts inventory.”

The same principal applies. I’ve never seen anyone carry in inventory of spare parts for small tea wares.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:50 pm

debunix wrote:
Perhaps I should’ve said “cheaper to replace the whole than to maintain a spare parts inventory.”

The same principal applies. I’ve never seen anyone carry in inventory of spare parts for small tea wares.
+1
It may be annoying; however, it is a fact that replacing one part of some things often costs more than buying a new complete....& sometimes one cannot buy parts. That's life.
kaikai

Fri May 06, 2022 4:55 pm

debunix wrote:

I believe you are incorrect. You can buy lids, cups all separately. You can also buy those glass/transparent warmers too, but only the infuser that you cannot.
wave_code

Sat May 07, 2022 6:26 am

I don't know about the shape of your pot if it would fit, but you could just use the pot without the infuser and get a steel spring coiled filter for the spout assuming the lid fits ok without it. It may not stop all the leaf to the same degree but you can get the spring coils as replacement parts - they're cheap and generally work pretty good. Then your leaves have more space to expand in your pot anyway.
mbanu

Sat May 07, 2022 10:03 am

kaikai wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:49 pm
Hi All,

I am new on this forum.

I recently broke my glass infuser, and need to replace it.

The teapot that I have is 600ml, and at the bottom of the teapot it has the brand name of HongJian. I have search the Internet and unable to find this replacement part. I understand that a glass teapot with the infuser is quite cheap nowadays, but then I do not want to keep buying one set each time I broke a part.

I understand that the brand HongJian is Chinese but there are also five Japanese characters written on the bottom of the teapot - 耐熱ガラス (Heat resistant glass). This teapot plus the warmer stand was given to us some years ago as a gift.

I have been searching the Internet and just could not find any news about the brand HongJian. I have also contacted some glass teapot sellers and none of them carry such parts. I find this is very strange. If you break the lid, you can but one separately. There are parts for sale for the warmers, those individual double glass cup and so on, but not this glass infuser. Given that this is such a fragile item, surely someone would hold such stocks as replacement parts.

I am only looking for the glass infuser and not those metal type or those metal coil thingy that you can find on the Internet.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please feel free to share your info.

Thanking you in advance. :D
Looking at Bills of Lading for glass teapot sellers might help you to find a manufacturer. While manufacturers usually expect very large orders, perhaps they can point you towards a retailer who has made such an order.

Part of the challenge, I think, is that many tea-enthusiasts don't like glass strainers because they have the same sort of issues as ceramic strainers while also being more fragile, so people don't normally seek them out.

If you can't find a replacement strainer, another possibility is an over-the-cup strainer -- this will catch the leaves so they won't enter the teacup, provided your pot is designed in such a way that there is no problem with a clogged spout.
kaikai

Fri May 20, 2022 10:39 pm

Thanks for all the comments posted.

I have now bought another cheap set that comes with a glass infuser. I now have two of everything except for the infuser. Plenty of rooms to break them :D except the infuser.