Travel Tea Set

pedant
Admin

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 am

@Noonie & @ShuShu, i merged your tea travel set topics to consolidate the info. hope that's ok.

also, i wanted to share this here.. the gongfu2go :

https://crimsonlotustea.com/products/gongfu2go

i kind of want one
swordofmytriumph

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:09 am

WHAAAAAT I NEED THIS! This is amazing!
debunix

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I definitely plan to try one. Too late for my next major trip.....but the one after, yes!
Zac

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm

pedant wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 am
Noonie & ShuShu, i merged your tea travel set topics to consolidate the info. hope that's ok.

also, i wanted to share this here.. the gongfu2go :

https://crimsonlotustea.com/products/gongfu2go

i kind of want one
I have a similar one from years back. This seems improved as the leaf: water ratio is much better. Mine had a tiny section for leaf and 75% was for the water. Maybe more suitable for Western brewing.

Pros: The best thing about it besides being able to gongfu brew is traveling to wherever you're going with the dry leaves in their compartment, and boiling water in the other, unmixed, but ready to do so the moment you're sat down and ready to enjoy it. That's fun

Cons: the seal between the two compartments, despite the being a silicon band on both ends was very finicky. Mine (and it was a different brand) often exploded under the high pressure plus hot water and would leak small streams of boiling hot water all over you. Very embarrassing, painful and made me use mine a lot less :D

Hopefully this make is off a better quality but my experience has made me appreciate the tried and true pot method
aet
Vendor

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Zac wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm
Maybe more suitable for Western brewing.
It's actually other way around, the one you have is made for Chinese . The one above is made for westerners who drink young shengs a lot. I have same one to yours , double glass wall with small brewing compartment but can have around 450ml tea ( brewed water ) to drink....green / black / white / oolong tea designed for.
I doubt that those who drink young shengs here ( in China ) either for testing ( business ) or drinking some very good gu shu , would be in so hurry to use such a teaware.
And when I'm looking at it again, it seems that its just 2 tops connected together. Means the 1 bottle is actually 2 bottles , but the top sides ( brewing compartments ) connected together. Since the bottle is fully dis-mountable and compact to fit that way ;-)
Because I know it is sold with this size of brewing compartment.
I might be wrong , but I haven't seen this one around though.
Last edited by pedant on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit: cleaned up quote
Nis

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:52 pm

I have this one from AliExpress. We'll see how long the glass pitcher lasts, but so far, so good :)
It can be a little fiddly to pack, but is otherwise quite nice. If you're looking for something compact, I can recommend it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000195373722.html
Attachments
Porcelain-Service-Gaiwan-Tea-Cups-Mug-of-Tea-Ceremony-Teapot-Chinese-Portable-Kung-Fu-Travel-Tea.jpg
Porcelain-Service-Gaiwan-Tea-Cups-Mug-of-Tea-Ceremony-Teapot-Chinese-Portable-Kung-Fu-Travel-Tea.jpg (107.22 KiB) Viewed 11282 times