What is the Mai Foundation?

mbanu

Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm

As far as I can tell, it's a group in Taiwan that has a lot of Yixing teapots and that publishes books about them. However, I can't seem to find any info on its origins. Their website just says they were started in 1999, but does not go into the details. In the U.S., foundations are usually created to do charitable work for a wealthy businessman, either while they are alive or after their death. Does anyone happen to know anything about this group?

Mai Foundation
Last edited by Victoria on Tue May 11, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: added referenced link
Bok
Vendor

Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm

mbanu wrote:
As far as I can tell, it's a group in Taiwan that has a lot of Yixing teapots and that publishes books about them. However, I can't seem to find any info on its origins. Their website just says they were started in 1999, but does not go into the details. In the U.S., foundations are usually created to do charitable work for a wealthy businessman, either while they are alive or after their death. Does anyone happen to know anything about this group?
Do you have a Chinese name for it? Never came across it... or maybe I saw the books without remembering the name.
mbanu

Tue May 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Bok wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm
mbanu wrote:
Do you have a Chinese name for it? Never came across it... or maybe I saw the books without remembering the name.
Looks like the Chinese name is 「財團法人成陽藝術文化基金會」