Show Off Your Teaware Displays

User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Darbotek wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:51 pm
Glass display case from Ikea. I would love an open shelf display, but my 5yo and cats slip in sometimes, so I wanted something with doors. I tint windows for a living, so I added some white matte film that I had lying around that looks like etched glass. Helps soften the reflection from the LED strip I put on the front of the cabinet.
Super nice light display and collection you have going @Darbotek. Which LED strip did you get? I’d like to do something similar in the back of my open shelves.
User avatar
Darbotek
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:25 pm
Location: East Texas

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Super nice light display and collection you have going Darbotek. Which LED strip did you get? I’d like to do something similar in the back of my open shelves.
Thank you!

These are the LEDs I bought, they have a few different options for layout. Strips with connectors, pucks, etc.

WOBANE Warm White LED Strip, Dimmable LED Light Strips with RF Remote and UL Listed Adapter, 16.4ft Flexible Tape Lights for Kitchen,Under Cabinet,Bedroom, 3000K,300 LEDs Rope Light
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Darbotek wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:51 pm
Glass display case from Ikea. I would love an open shelf display, but my 5yo and cats slip in sometimes, so I wanted something with doors. I tint windows for a living, so I added some white matte film that I had lying around that looks like etched glass. Helps soften the reflection from the LED strip I put on the front of the cabinet.
Image
Very nice!!... Love the softness created by the added matte tint... brilliant idea!!
User avatar
Bok
Vendor
Posts: 3850
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am
Location: Taiwan

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm

OCTO wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Darbotek wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:51 pm
Glass display case from Ikea. I would love an open shelf display, but my 5yo and cats slip in sometimes, so I wanted something with doors. I tint windows for a living, so I added some white matte film that I had lying around that looks like etched glass. Helps soften the reflection from the LED strip I put on the front of the cabinet.
Image
Very nice!!... Love the softness created by the added matte tint... brilliant idea!!
ditto! Lovely lights – and contents as far as I can see :mrgreen:
karma
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:14 pm
Location: Texas

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Bok wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm
OCTO wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Darbotek wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:51 pm
Glass display case from Ikea. I would love an open shelf display, but my 5yo and cats slip in sometimes, so I wanted something with doors. I tint windows for a living, so I added some white matte film that I had lying around that looks like etched glass. Helps soften the reflection from the LED strip I put on the front of the cabinet.
Image
Very nice!!... Love the softness created by the added matte tint... brilliant idea!!
ditto! Lovely lights – and contents as far as I can see :mrgreen:
I’m gonna chime in and echo this — gorgeous all around!
User avatar
Darbotek
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:25 pm
Location: East Texas

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:27 pm

OCTO wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Very nice!!... Love the softness created by the added matte tint... brilliant idea!!
Thank you. The other motivating factor is that the socket is right behind the case, sitting there, harshing my mellow.
Bok wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm
ditto! Lovely lights – and contents as far as I can see :mrgreen:
Thank you! When I look at my small collection, I feel like its too much. The only pot I really need is the Yamamoto Hiromi on the far right, it does everything. But there are still a few makers I want represented in the case. I’m also a bit of a Yamada So fan boy, so there will be more of his pieces there very soon.
karma wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:22 pm
I’m gonna chime in and echo this — gorgeous all around!
Thank you!
Chadrinkincat
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:26 am

My latest setup for all of my tea ware. It has a decent amount of empty space for future purchases, although I don’t see myself buying anything new for awhile. I use the top surface area for recently used pot which need to dry.
Attachments
F0A72BC5-0B51-4EA8-8DCD-AC618D944169.jpeg
F0A72BC5-0B51-4EA8-8DCD-AC618D944169.jpeg (275.58 KiB) Viewed 196 times
FFF665EB-5C2D-4F58-9D63-38D24008C5BC.jpeg
FFF665EB-5C2D-4F58-9D63-38D24008C5BC.jpeg (236.84 KiB) Viewed 196 times
User avatar
Balthazar
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:39 am

Looking good, @Darbotek & @Chadrinkincat!

Just moved to a new place a couple weeks ago, hopefully I'll be able to get a nicer teaware display myself this time around.
.m.
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:58 am

@Chadrinkincat Amazing collection and an awesome cabinet. Just perfect.
Chadrinkincat
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:13 pm

@Balthazar, @.m.

Thanks! I found this cabinet in Philly on 1stDibs for a measly $40. I’m glad I held out for a couple months instead of spending 10x on something new from Ikea.
DailyTX
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm
Location: Northern California

Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:18 pm

@Chadrinkincat
Antique cabinet fits lovely with antique teawares. $40 for this cabinet is a steal :lol:
Post Reply