Brewista variable temp is $70 on amazon

Janice

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 am

I don’t know if this is permanent price change or a brief sale. I want/need a kettle that’s smaller and easier on my right shoulder than my huge Varietea. When The Wirecutter tested kettles they found the Bonavita to be the most accurate but some reviewers think the Brewista is of higher quality.

And just using my old kettle with less water isn’t a solution. Too little water and the temperature is off, and then there’s the weight of the kettle itself.
Brent D

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm

I have both.
Bad experience with the bonavita. Rusted in 3 months. Made a claim. A month later they said they must have lost my claim. How convenient.
Haven’t had time to fill out the claim again.
Brewista has been great since day 1 and I personally like it better in every way.
Janice

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm

The Brewista went back up to $99 before I decided to buy. Then on Amazon Prime Day the Bonavita dropped down to $43. I bought an extended warranty (not something I usually do) for a few dollars because they’re supposed to provide better service than most manufacturers. I had bought a bonavita a few years ago but returned it because it didn’t look well made. This one looks to be much better made so I’m hoping for four years of heavy use.

And it really made a difference with my shoulder as the pain is gone.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 am

Brent D wrote:
I have both.
Bad experience with the bonavita. Rusted in 3 months. Made a claim. A month later they said they must have lost my claim. How convenient.
Brewista has been great since day 1 and I personally like it better in every way.
I forgot to ask you, Brent. Where did the kettle get rust? I had some rust on the lid a couple of times which came off quickly with a minute of light scrubbing with the abrasive side of a two-sided kitchen sponge/.....Rust has not appeared again for a year or so. Not really a problem.
Brent D

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 am
Brent D wrote:
I have both.
I forgot to ask you, Brent. Where did the kettle get rust? I had some rust on the lid a couple of times which came off quickly with a minute of light scrubbing with the abrasive side of a two-sided kitchen sponge/.....Rust has not appeared again for a year or so. Not really a problem.
On the very bottom.little pock marks all over.