Would you guys pay this much for a chawan?

Atlas

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:25 pm
I've never understood the high-end of price range for ceramics.
Once it's transcended the category of "functional item", ceramic is an artistic medium like any other. Maybe more applicable to the Satake pieces than the cups Song Tea is selling, but still...
Teachronicles

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Victoria wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:19 am
Om, Akira Satake chawan, yunomi and guinomi are worth their price and more. He is a master at his craft, as are many others mentioned in TeaForum. To hold a masterpiece in your hand is an elevating experience. Not feeling the vibe though with song tea collection.
Victoria, could you name some of the other masters you refer to?
Victoria
Admin

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Teachronicles wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Om, Akira Satake chawan, yunomi and guinomi are worth their price and more. He is a master at his craft, as are many others mentioned in TeaForum. To hold a masterpiece in your hand is an elevating experience. Not feeling the vibe though with song tea collection.
Hi, I was referencing a couple of threads here at TF that showcase masterful chawan, yunomi, and guinomi. All these artists are in Japan. Akira is in Ashville, North Carolina, although he was born in Osaka:

Hagi Artist; SHIBUYA Deishi, SHIBUYA Eiichi, Kaneta Masanao,

Kyo-yaki Artist; KIMURA Morinobu, KIMURA Noritada, YOSHINORI Izumi,

You can get an idea of pricing for a few of these artists and others at Artistic Nippon.
Fuut
Vendor

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Victoria wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 pm
Teachronicles wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Hi, I was referencing a couple of threads here at TF that showcase masterful chawan, yunomi, and guinomi. All these artists are in Japan. Akira is in Ashville, North Carolina, although he was born in Osaka:

Hagi Artist; SHIBUYA Deishi, SHIBUYA Eiichi, Kaneta Masanao,

Kyo-yaki Artist; KIMURA Morinobu, KIMURA Noritada, YOSHINORI Izumi,

You can get an idea of pricing for a few of these artists and others at Artistic Nippon.
I remember those engraved teapots by Kodo, those were quite pleasant as well, to the eyes something else not so much.