Japanese Teaware Vendor Recommendations

Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Member Recommended Japanese Teaware Vendors: Please share Japanese Teaware Vendors & Artist who have online and or physical shops you think we should include in this master list.

Artisanal, recognized artists:
  • Asako Isobe: contact via web site, Facebook Messenger, or visit her large store, Ceramall in Tokoname. Her boutique web site may not have everything she has in stock or can source. Let her know that TeaForum sent you.

Japanese Inspired, artisanal crossovers:
Antique & Vintage:

Accessible & Artisanal, entry level / one of a kind mix:
Last edited by Victoria on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasalfrog

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:08 pm

I have purchased a teapot from https://www.sazentea.com

Their customer service, response time, & shipping time is excellent! Plus I feel their prices are very fair for their teaware.
DailyTX

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:02 pm
Member Recommended Japanese Teaware Vendors: Please share Japanese Teaware Vendors & Artist who have online and or physical shops you think we should include in this master list.

• Asako Isobe: contact via web site, Facebook Messenger, or visit her large store, Ceramall in Tokoname. Her boutique web site may not have everything she has in stock or can source. Let her know that TeaForum sent you.

Japanese inspired artisanal crossovers:
@Victoria
Thank you for creating this thread
:o buyjp4u.com has a Jozan lll pot, amazing! So is the price haha
debunix

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:05 pm

I've gotten a lot of fine pieces from Magokorodo's eBay store, wares by Yamane Seigan, Yoshi 3rd Toichi (Kazuwa-ware), Toshiyuki Suzuki, Tetsuaki Nakao, and others.
debunix

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Another vendor I have ordered pieces from sells used pieces from estate sales: I discovered Koedo on etsy.
nasalfrog

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Thanks for posting about those sellers @debunix! I did not know about them.

tokoname.or.jp also has an eBay storefront that is regularly updated. I’ve ordered 2 pots from their eBay store. They shipped next day and were very well packed.
Vanenbw

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for these postings, and thank you, @Victoria for starting the thread. There were a few vendors I didn't yet know about. I purchased my first kyusu from https://www.hibiki-an.com/. I followed up with a purchase of porcelain cups, a sami scooping spoon, and a yuzamashi. The service is great. The owner ships quickly and has always been responsive to my questions.
debunix

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Forgot one

Katsuragi on Ebay, a seller of vintage & antique teawares.

I got this lovely piece from that shop:

It's remarkably delicate with very thin walls, and yet feels sturdy. Oilspot glaze and nuka trim on the rim. It's a fine chawan for matcha or bowl for berries in summer.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Thank you for your input. I have updated the master list, in the original post, to reflect member recommendations. TAD activated.