Ode to the Kyusu

User avatar
debunix
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:50 am

Finer leaves or fines clogged the tiny holes?
gatmcm
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:32 am

So I finally succumbed to peer pressure and decided to get a japanese teapot :lol:

Back handle pot from Tsuchihira Eiichi via Artistic Nippon, it's listed at 140ml, probably closer to 110 usable, great for solo drinking

Was in need of a pot capable of brewing fukamushi, previously I was using one of those cheap glass pots with 2 spiral strainers intertwined so definitely an upgrade :D

Pics arent the best because the outer glaze is very shiny (and my phone isnt exactly a camera)

20181101_094950.jpg
20181101_094950.jpg (275.44 KiB) Viewed 575 times
20181101_095019.jpg
20181101_095019.jpg (265.48 KiB) Viewed 575 times
20181101_095059.jpg
20181101_095059.jpg (207.74 KiB) Viewed 575 times
User avatar
Bok
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am

Nice one!
User avatar
Bok
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 am

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am

For anyone who needs an excuse to get one:
There a brand new Hokujo pots out at AN, in sizes from 80-100ml, best part - with the seaweed patterns!
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:53 am

Bok wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am
For anyone who needs an excuse to get one:
There a brand new Hokujo pots out at AN, in sizes from 80-100ml, best part - with the seaweed patterns!
Image

they look nice. go get em! :D
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:08 pm

gatmcm wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:32 am
So I finally succumbed to peer pressure and decided to get a japanese teapot :lol:

Back handle pot from Tsuchihira Eiichi via Artistic Nippon

Pics arent the best
Striking finish on that lovely pot, must be pleasant to reflect on it as you wait for the infusions to complete
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm

pedant wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:53 am
Bok wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am
For anyone who needs an excuse to get one:
There a brand new Hokujo pots out at AN, in sizes from 80-100ml, best part - with the seaweed patterns!
Image

they look nice. go get em! :D
@Bok @pedant


Tsk tsk tsk..... poison is knee deep ..... reassuring consolation, the capacity is too small for my use... 😂😂

Cheers!!!
Teachronicles
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:41 pm

pedant wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:53 am
Bok wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am
For anyone who needs an excuse to get one:
There a brand new Hokujo pots out at AN, in sizes from 80-100ml, best part - with the seaweed patterns!
Image

they look nice. go get em! :D
I got #3 :roll: ;) :D
Post Reply