Hokujo, Kobiwako & Iga Clay

debunix

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 pm

It's always lovely when you find a purpose for which a particular vessel really shines. I'm back to my first really successful forays with gyokuro, enjoying some Yame gyokuro from O-Cha in a tiny Shawn McGuire/Great Wheel Studios shiboridashi...it's fully glazed, so it's all about small vessel full of leaves and lots of sipping pleasure from a quite small quantity of leaf.
Attachments
_DSF9850.jpeg
_DSF9850.jpeg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 74 times
nasalfrog

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Bok wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 am
Update and shout out to Hokujo:

...Glad my Hokujo has found a new purpose in my collection :)
Nice! I will have to try it with some gyo in the future.

My Kohokujo has recently found a purpose outside of fukamushi. I opened a bag of O-Cha’s organic kabusecha a couple weeks ago and have found so far I like it better in the Kohokujo pot. Results have been best with this year’s and previous years with a high leaf/water ratio (using 6.5g/60-70ml). It becomes quite unbalanced after the first brew in the Kobiwako and especially in the Iga pot.

This flowery kamairi-style oolong that I thought was a kamairicha is superior in the Kohokujo as well, so I still haven’t found a good match for the Iga yet.

There are a bunch of roasted & unroasted samples from Taiwan Tea Crafts coming my way soon that I’m looking forward to trying out.