Introduce Yourself

steanze
Vendor

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Joe!! @TEAMOOD
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 am

Hannah, great to see you here at our forum :mrgreen: Hope you stick around!
curlygc

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Hello all. New to here, not totally new to tea. I suppose I’m somewhere between noob and somewhat knowledgeable. If spending can be a measure of tea knowledge, I’m right around “a dollar a gram? Sounds good!” :lol:

How long have you been drinking tea?
As long as I can remember. Got into oolongs about 20 years ago, but mostly from Asian markets in town, until I discovered online tea sellers offering much better quality tea and more varieties. Discovered a broader online community through steepster some years ago, and learned there was more to tea than just oolong. Ive been expanding my tea horizons ever since. I fell down the puerh rabbit hole about 4 years ago. It feels like much longer though. Oh, the tuition I’ve paid!

What kind of tea do you drink?
Mostly puerh. I have a 4.5 cubic foot fridge full of the stuff, as well as some stuffed into Mylar bags in my closet that my wife doesn’t know about :lol: I do still enjoy oolongs, mostly yancha, and in summer I like Japanese greens like sencha and gyokuro.

How do you prepare your tea?
I don’t know how to answer this. Carefully? Often? With an unnecessarily large collection of teaware?

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I’m not exploring much right now. Whenever I do something like that I end up spending money. I just wrapped up an obsessive exploration of Tetsubins and now I’m tired and broke.

What is your location?
North Carolina
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Welcome curlygc to teaforum.org. Just wait, the rabbit hole may get deeper since you are here. Glad you found us :mrgreen:
Victoria
Admin

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @curlygc. Obsessive exploration + tea, oh you’ve come to the right place :) .
Steve

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Hello Hello,
I've been drinking tea (mostly puer) for about 6 or 7 years now.
I also love Japanese green tea. I found this forum thanks to a post about
a DIY method for humidity control using salt. I'm going to try that starting today.
pedant
Admin

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:18 am

welcome, @Steve. saw your messages about registration hiccup, glad you got it sorted out. :mrgreen:
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Steve, welcome, glad you are here at our teaforum :mrgreen:
aldaria
New user

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm from United Arab Emirates.
from Tea industry, Tea Blending and Packaging sector.
We do privet labeling packaging Tea for many brands.
debunix

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Do you also drink tea?
blackberry tea 38

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi everyone :D ,

I am very excited to have registered to this tea forum as I meant to do it for a long time, but was a bit shy as I have a lot more to learn about tea and there are so many tea experts around here!

How long have you been drinking tea?

I have been drinking tea since I was probably around 5 or 6 years old. I would drink jasmine green tea when going to the restaurant with my dad and enjoyed the wonderful fragrance of jasmine flowers filling the air, or I would drink blackberry black tea (heavily sweetened), with my cousins until we finished the tea box :lol: I also enjoyed the classic Lipton black tea as it reminds me of my late grandmother who used to drink it all the time. For me, tea is associated with a strong olfactive memory of my past. As time passed by, I started to drink more coffee than tea because I thought coffee was giving me the energy I needed (and I worked in coffee shops/bakeries for several years.) However, I never stopped drinking tea.

What kind of tea do you drink?

Those past couple of years, I have been drinking a lot of matcha, earl grey tea, I made my homemade chai tea for a while but got tired of it. I also recently discovered a blend of green, jasmine and black teas called the Library Blend that I really like.

How do you prepare your tea?

I generally use a kettle that boils tea to green, delicate, or black tea temperature settings and then I just pour the water in a cute mug I got from my honeymoon in Hawaii.

What tea knowledge are you interested in learning right now?

I know teas have a myriad of health benefits and I am interested in learning about unique teas such as the kind of smoky tea found in Taiwan brought to me by a friend and many more...

What factors led you to delve into the world of tea and what is keeping you there?

I am interested in living a healthy lifestyle and tea is part of it. I was surprised to discover that tea can be not only so delicious but also good for you. I have also always been interested in plants and their health benefits so they intertwine in my range of interests. I was addicted to caffeine for years and it made me feel terrible. As a result, I vowed to stop drinking coffee and be in charge of my health(coupled with meditation.)

Where do you live?

I live in British Columbia.
pedant
Admin

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 am

aldaria wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm
I'm from United Arab Emirates.
from Tea industry, Tea Blending and Packaging sector.
We do privet labeling packaging Tea for many brands.
welcome

i know it's possible to get pretty much anything where you live (including a real ski slope in a mall :lol: ), but do you see a lot of people drinking high end tea? just curious what the tea culture is like there. have you seen much gongfucha practice?
Bok
Vendor

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 am

@blackberry tea 38 welcome!

Pretty sure though that there are no smoky teas to be found in Taiwan. You probably refer to one kind of Lapsang Souchong. Or did you mean roasted teas?
pedant
Admin

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:50 am

welcome to the forum, @blackberry tea 38!
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 am

Welcome BlackBerry tea 38 to our forum.

You came to the right place to learn more about tea. We are all constantly learning things here :D