pedant
Admin

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 am

welcome, @Fisheyes and @jaredell!
alejandro2high

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Hello everyone.

How long have you been drinking tea?
I've been drinking tea since I was a child (mid-20s), but I didn't start drinking Eastern Tea until about 5 years ago. I developed a Yixing zisha addiction a couple of months ago, and I have been really into modern teapots. I'm just now getting into vintage pots, but I honestly still prefer the build quality of modern teapots.

What kind of tea do you drink?

I have a preference for oolongs (Wuyi and Anxi) as well as shu, sheng, and hei cha.

How do you prepare your tea?

I love using clay pots. I am one of the people that enjoy the pots more than the actual tea although I really enjoy tea itself. I also like using my painted wood fired gaiwan.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Yixing teapots both modern and vintage.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Friends led me here and my love of teapots has kept me around.

What is your location?

DFW metroplex in Texas.
twno1

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 am

1 year, 15+ if you count milk tea
Japanese green and Taiwanese oolong
teapot
Clay types and how to determine loose leaf quality by looks solely.
What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Saw a teashop and decided to walk in
What is your location?
Taiwan and California
TeaTotaling

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Greetings Tea Forum Community! My name is George. I am excited to learn from all of you, and contribute to the discussion.

1. I grew up drinking a variety of tea bags. About two years ago, I became acquainted with Matcha. More recently, I have been drinking true, loose leaf, tea for almost 1 year.

2. My current stash includes Raw Puerh, Shou Puerh, Gyokuro, Matcha, Dragonwell, traditionally processed light and dark roast Oolong's, Dancong, Wuyi Oolong's, Jin Jun Mei, Liu Bao, Baimudan, an Aged White, a Golden Bud's Shou, and an Aged Yancha...I think that covers it.

3. I prepare most tea's in Zisha. I also have a trusty Shan Kiln Gaiwan, and a stoneware teapot.

4. I am interested in expanding my overall tea/teaware knowledge.

5. New sensory experience piqued my interest, and what tea has offered, captivated me.

6. I am broadcasting from the Buckeye State, in the United States of America.

-Peace & Tea
pedant
Admin

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:56 pm

welcome, everyone :mrgreen:
Mafaldine

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 pm

Maybe like 8-10 years but only 2 seriously

Mostly oolong, some puerh/green/etc

Usually some vague approximation of gongfucha

Trying to ID an old pot

Honestly I have no idea, all I know is that tea has a vise-like grip on my sanity and wallet

What is your location?

Canada
debunix

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am

Welcome, and glad you joined our tea-besotted membership here. Lots to share and learn.
mrmopu

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:11 am

Hi Maf! Good to see ya here!
Victoria
Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:52 am

Welcome to TeaForum new members. We have quite an international group joining us with @Fisheyes in Berlin, @James Edward in Shizuoka, Japan, @jaredell in Seattle, @alejandro2high in Dallas–Fort Worth, @twno1 in California & Taiwan, @TeaTotaling in Ohio, and @Mafaldine in Canada. During these days of home confinement it is special to be able to converse with such an international group of tea enthusiasts.
rantHappy
New user

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Hey Everyone!

I've been drinking tea on and off since 2012-ish. It started with Thai Tea in a restaurant, then moved to loose leaf at Teavana, and now I just buy what sounds interesting from shady vendors on the internet :P

I drink mostly Chai blends and Oolong Teas. I also have some black and green teas in the collection to switch things up every now and then.

I prefer western style in a tea pot. I'll use a gaiwan to prepare my tea from time to time, but I like steeping a large pot I can drink my way through.

Teas with nature unique flavors? I like Yunnan and Laoshan black teas for the chocolate notes. There's Oolongs that taste like Lychee or Melon. While I started off with Thai and Chai teas, I'm learning to appreciate teas for their natural taste.

What is your location?

Seattle, WA
gradiva

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 am

Hello, hello fellow tea people.

I am very glad to have finally landed here. I had been hanging out around a certain other forum, wondering about all those crickets and tumbleweeds.

Quick intro: up until I travelled to China a year and a half ago, I was mostly a dedicated sencha, matcha and hojicha drinker which an appropriate/inappropriate addiction to japanese teaware. Since then, though, I jumped deep into the rabbit hole of gongfu-style brewing and have quickly become an oolong and yixing obsessive, though my curiosity is now extending to different types of hong cha and pu-erhs.

Looking forward to learning from you and hopefully contributing whatever knowledge I might've already picked up.

Oh, and I am based in Berlin.
Rmt

Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 am

Hi, I'm mostly just going to lurk around i reckon, but might as well post an introduction so that I can do the occasional post.

I've been diving into tea for a couple of years. It's a nice hobby with nice drink and nice stoneware. I live in the arctic, far, far away from any teashops, so I do most of my learning and purchases online. I'm primarily drinking chinese and taiwanese oolongs, but have picked up some puerh along the way too. Currently searching for a good dancong vendor and nice-looking infrared heater so that i can use my clay kettle more...
Victoria
Admin

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am

Welcome to TeaForum @rantHappy from Seattle, @sporad in Berlin, and @Rmt all the way up in the Artic. Where exactly are you in the Arctic? Tea sounds perfect to warm up with.
Rmt

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 am

Victoria wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am
Where exactly are you in the Arctic? Tea sounds perfect to warm up with.
Northern Norway :)
GoldenField
New user

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:55 am

-How long have you been drinking tea?

I really found a tea that I think is delicious in 2018, tea with no sugar and methods that amaze me, I was then interested and learned about the special tea of ​​Camelia sinensis, then I met with the compounder and the tea businessman, with a long age very far but I am very allowed to study with him. until now I have been drinking tea for 2 years and I enjoy it

-What kind of tea do you drink?

I tried almost everything, including a new sub on several basics, like black tea basic, black tea breakfast, black tea royal, black tea special, I tried sub black tea from my introduction to the person who first made my heart melt. tea. of all kinds of white, oolong, green tea. I like black tea at its base

-How do you prepare your tea?

I then bought tea equipment for the brew, even though not all the sets I had, the way I made me put the position of necessity well including the tea that I wanted to brew in front of my body, boil water, then prepare cups and servers, then wait for the temperature and then raise the tea dry so that the contents can be maximal later and happy tea

-What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Hmm, all tea maybe. but i'm so interested to Black Tea

-What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

I found camellia sinensis in my body, and it felt. my enzymes are more flexible, then with various methods I am interested in the arts and culture

-What is your location?

South Jakarta, Indonesia