Introduce Yourself

Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:20 pm

KrazyAssKatzen wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Makes sense about it being half-handmade. I bet you are correct on that. I'm currently wading through the entire "show off your teapots" thread and someone mentioned a pot warping during firing. The green one's spout is angled in relation to the body, rather than in-line with it and the handle, which makes me think something similar happened to it.
Miss-alignement happens all the time actually, sometimes from the warping, but also very often just by being sloppy work, especially the mass produced pots (which are like almost all haha). Warping in factory period is not so common I would say, the firing environment was quite controlled and optimised for mass production. Warping is more common for older teapots.
Mobok

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:33 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
I got serious about tea in the summer of 2021, but i grew up drinking herbal teas ( you can find herbal teas everywhere here :lol: ).

What kind of tea do you drink?
At this stage i mostly drink hei cha and ripe pu-erh. I also like TGY and silver needles, which i drink sometimes.

How do you prepare your tea?
In a 120 mL gaiwan. Electric kettle filled with spring water.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I would like to try, in the future, taiwanese oolongs, wuyi yancha and maybe delve into the scary world of sheng pu-erh.
Maybe, after i get my degree this year, I could also engage in some tea tourism (if that's a thing :lol: ).

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I stumbled, last year, upon an online tea community which had a pastebin with lots of useful information, including vendors. I got motivated enough to place my first order from China. The more i drink, the more i appreciate it. It brings me a satisfaction that no other drink has managed to do. I was able to remove soda from my diet thanks to tea :D .

What is your location?
Bucharest, Romania
pedant
Admin

Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:18 am

welcome! 8-)
decost0p

Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Hello!

Sorry forgot to introduce myself

I’ve been drinking tea with friends for a short time only and know very little about it. I don’t have my own tea set and usually drink tea at a friends house after a meal

I’ve tried white tea, green tea, and black tea. My favorite being jin jun mei.

However I am unable to brew - I tried but it comes off bitter. So I leave the brewing to the talented ones

I normally see my friends using gaiwan. And on special occasions, a small teapot

I’m interested in Taiwanese teapots since I’ll be visiting Taiwain for the first time

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
My bestfriend loves tea, and talks about it often. My exposure to it is limited but I enjoy the changing tastes more and the procedure of it compared to western tea. I like the idea of sharing her interest

Location?
Philippines
Bok
Vendor

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:15 pm

decost0p wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:22 pm
I like the idea of sharing her interest
that is a very nice thought!
spain_gongfucha
New user

Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:42 am

Good morning all!

I introduce myself as a tea lover.
spain _gongfucha
Pleased to meet you and I hope to learn a lot from you!
debunix

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 am

Welcome!

Please do share what is in your cup, no matter where you are in your tea journey.
susmit
Vendor

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:35 am

Namaste everyone!

Been trying to create an account here since long, thanks to the admins for their kind help!
I am Susmit from India.

Being born in a milk chai drinking culture, I was not really into the milk based beverages so stayed away from most tea, only after a trip to Sikkim with my friends I started enjoying the loose leaf black teas from there. That also led to me starting a company focused on supplying these teas to different parts of the world, this was in 2015. I also started an online shop called Ketlee in 2018 and it has been an even more interesting journey since, discovering all kinds of unheard of teas from less popular regions in India like Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Bihar, Nilgiri and Sikkim.

Mostly Indian teas, all kinds of them. Less oxidised blacks, wild whites, fruity and floral oolongs(mostly from Nilgiri) and Nilgiri greens are my go to teas. Apart from this, like drinking some dancongs as well. Looking forward to explore more teas from outside India in the future.

Western as well as gongfu.

Discovering more hidden gems from India.

The wonderful experience of drinking a cup full of flavours is enough to keep me there.

What is your location?

Bangalore, India

Feel free to ask me anything about Indian tea and its regions!
cynderfox

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Hello, I just joined the forum :)

I've always loved drinking tea, but I've recently bought some Japanese teaware and I'm very interested in learning more about styles, care, etc.
pedant
Admin

Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:29 pm

welcome!
Metagross31
New user

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:55 am

Hey all,

I am new here in the forums and wanted to give a quick introduction.
I live in Germany and have been liked tea for a long time, but only started getting more into it recently, when I discovered a small teashop around my corner, which imports teas from all over the world themselves, even some very high quality ones.
I have only really started to go down the rabbit hole, getting some black teas (Golden Yunnan, Assam, Earl Grey) and an oolong tea (Formosa) from said teashop, but it really got me intrigued. Now I would really like to try out some more different teas. I also still have a white and a pu erh tea at home, that a friend brought me from his trip to China, which I would like to try at some kind of special ocation :)
I have a small Yixing teapot, which I mainly use for my black teas and I am currently looking to get another teapot as well.

Let's hope we will have a great time together here :)
debunix

Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:24 pm

Glad to have you join us!
commonbrew

Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:58 pm

Hi, I've looked around the forum from time to time, but I finally decided to stop lurking and make an account

I've enjoyed tea most of my life, but I only started moving from bottled tea and tea bags to find teas I really liked around 2 years ago.

My favorites tend to be oolongs, but I enjoy white and puerh as well as the occasional green. As far as oolong teas go I tend to drink a lot of yancha, roasted taiwanese oolong, and dan cong

I'd estimate something like 40:40:20 gong fu: western: cold brew

Whatever I'm in the mood for, which changes decently often. We just got some snow here so I've been drinking lots of yancha by the fire. I'd also like to learn more about teaware since I've just invested in my first clay pot.

It just tastes good honestly. I simply love drinks that taste good to me and that actually even extends to a passion for herbal teas and sodas.

What is your location?
Boston, USA
pedant
Admin

Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:31 pm

welcome, @commonbrew :mrgreen:
supernova

Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:40 am

Hello fellows!
I am happy to be here, and I am very thankful for some cool guy on a reddit to point me to this forum - 🥸 Lemme hitcha with a few things real fast. He uses lots of 🥸 everywhere but he is a deleted user on reddit so I hope might meet him here.

I have been driking tea for 5 years more or less consciously but not consistently. At first I didn't have money at all to buy something good because I was a student but anything I bought online was better than a Lipton. I have been meditating with occasional success and whenever I meditate I crave to have some nice cup of tea -- I can appreciate that cup, I can pay attention it deserves. But when I am not concentrated all tea is just a tea for me.
My first love were green oolongs and I coundn't stand sheng pu erhs at all. The problem with sheng pu erhs appeared to be that I bought a very bad tea, it tasted like hay. But later on I gave sheng pu erhs a second chance and was amused. And this is not all -- later later I have tried 5 year old sheng pu erh and it was amazing.
I have been preparing my tea in the easypot at first, but that I have switched to plain porcelain gaiwan. I always wanted a yixing tea pot for sheng pu erhs, but reading about types, possible fakes and stuff just brings me a headache.
I do not yet know. I have been an adept of a shaving forum for quite a long time and I have made some interesting observations. People might not understand here, but I have been shaving with 2 different blades, same razor and same brush for a year. This would be like driking the same tea for a year daily for someone on this forum. During that experiment I was able to catch such tiny nuances about shaving and preparation that I wouldn't ever have thought of them. And I have never heard anyone noticing them. What I try to say is all the difference in the world is in small nuances here and there. But one can only notice them when he is fully concentrated. Now I am all set in shaving, I got my dzen there and now I am looking for my dzen in tea drinking.
I am from Ukraine...
Nice to meet you, people!