Introduce Yourself

senchadev
New user

Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:47 am

Thank you! Is there a place in this forum for farming/cultivation? I looked around and couldn't find anything, I think it would be pretty cool to have a place where that kind of information can be shared (otherwise I was just gonna start a thread with all the resources I've found thus far).
pedant
Admin

Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:57 pm

senchadev wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:47 am
Thank you! Is there a place in this forum for farming/cultivation? I looked around and couldn't find anything, I think it would be pretty cool to have a place where that kind of information can be shared (otherwise I was just gonna start a thread with all the resources I've found thus far).
not that i recall. sure, start a thread. thanks
hamoudiben
Vendor

Sun May 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Hi.

I am brand new here, but not brand new to tea. I have long enjoyed oolongs, especially the rich honeyed ones, and Keemun. I even like the intense nasty Assam teas, with milk, as long as they are not too malty.

But my tea obsession is pu-erh. Not the artificially aged stuff, the real deal sheng, with a lot of age on it

:D
Estelle Q
Vendor

Thu May 05, 2022 1:06 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
2 years

What kind of tea do you drink?
Green tea, now I also try black tea, rock tea, rarely white tea.

How do you prepare your tea?
Gaiwan and justice cup

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Different knowledge about the tea

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
The tea is good for health

What is your location?
Wuyi, China
Victoria
Admin

Thu May 05, 2022 9:01 am

Welcome to TeaForum @hamoudiben and @Estelle Q 🍃
GreenTandTree

Thu May 05, 2022 4:16 pm

30+ years

All types, especially green, yellow, and shou.

Atypically. I use distilled water, with ~5-8g of tea leaves in 400ml glass teapot for 2-3 minutes (except Japanese greens).

Anji Bai Cha, Hakuyoucha and any other albino cultivars.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I use green tea as a potentiator for legal medical cannabis. Tea is medicine.

What is your location?
Philadelphia, PA, United States
etr1707
New user

Tue May 17, 2022 12:48 am

Hi everyone. I'm Ellie. I'm married with two small girls, and I work as an editor. I'm new here, looking to learn more about tea.

Ever since I can remember. I grew up in England, and it's the national drink! As I grew older, I started also drinking coffee, but I also widened my tea repertoire, starting to drink herbal and green teas. I am particularly fascinated by the ancient tea cultures and ceremonies of China and Japan.

All sorts. I have a fun tea library with various teas. I like trying new ones. At the moment, I have in stock: Tetley black tea, ginger and lemon tea, green tea with spearmint, cinnamon tea, spearmint tea, ginger and turmeric tea, fennel tea, and a new one that I am enjoying: green tea with honey and ginseng.

According to the guidance on the box!

Chinese tea-making and ceremonies.

I inherited a love of tea from my mother, and my interest in Eastern traditions has made me delve into the subject further.

What is your location?
Jerusalem, Israel
Anais Nin

Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 am

Hello 👋
About me ?
A little bit Manic an amateur greenteas aficionado , teaware enthusiast ♥️ With an immature mongrel or maybe a stray cat at heart

I started drinking Japanese greenteas religiously only since 3 years ago

Before that , I did not drink any kind of tea , I hated teas ! but once a sip of Gyokuro at one of the fanciest tea room in town and I hooked up
Then started learning everything , about the history , the cultivation then about the teaware !
I love Gyokuro , fukamushi Sencha and Shiraore

Depends on the teas ,
Some teas requires different temperatures, time and preparation
Some other time I love steeping them in low temperature and sometimes I love them in scalding hot
But around 70 degree water with 8 gram of leaves with around 60 sec that what I usually do

Zairai cultivar

A new hobby perhaps , but I think it will be more than that , mostly tea made me ‘ slow down’ before tea , I don’t understand the meaning of ‘ slow down’ , with tea I can appreciate the world around me better .

What is your location?
Jakarta , Indoneaia
pedant
Admin

Tue May 17, 2022 2:29 pm

arbaman

Tue May 17, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi all,

and thanks for this forum with nice people from all over the globe willing to share, glad I found it in my searches :)

Almost all my life, which is long enough. Started some 45+ yrs ago with black tea bags, then a family acquaintance gifted us with some tea from Kenia. It was in small leave crumbs Afair but unusually good compared to bags; I used to steep it in a small steel pot and drink it with some milk and sugar in big fat glasses. Soon I started dipping fresh bread paninos in it until it became my main course when steaks were on family menu ;) My first trip to the Netherlands taught me the were some rare shops just selling tea and weird herbs and ended up with a brief passion for scented teas. Afterwards the first organic shops started spreading, carrying unusual staff, first darjeeling in wooden boxes and first pu-erh tuochas along with some japanese teas and a tea kind with a fancy name such as oolong, lovely sound by the way. Couldn't believe my mouth that teas could be so many and so different. Then it came HTML and the world opened up with all sorts of teas from all over the globe, a joy when you have enough bucks to buy your next favorite :P

All decent and good teas available I can afford, white, green, black, oolong, hei-cha, fu-cha and pu-erh of course.

My favorite is a small Yixing zisha for steeping and a modern kettle with temperature controls for water heating.

Just curious, knowledge is food for mind, I like to learn new things about tea varieties, studies on tea impact on health, tea trivia and mid range competitive tea vendors. I can't afford emperor's grades quoted hundreds of $ per Kg, nor I want to buy 250g DaHongPao for 15$ on a big marketplace to complain later it's not up my expectations :)

The pleasure to keep hydrated with a delicious drink. Curiosity.

What is your location?

Italy
LeoFox

Tue May 17, 2022 4:54 pm

Anais Nin wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 am

Zairai cultivar
Welcome.

Also, you might like this thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2083
Speed Ineed
New user

Sun May 29, 2022 6:29 am

Hi. I grow Camellia sinensis as a hobby . I'm down in Alabama , zone 8a. I enjoy brewing my own tea. I normally add mint plant ,and Jaiogulan as a healthy natural sweetener . I'm at the point that I need to start selling some trees. Guess I fulfilled my requirement. Thanks for the join.
umami

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:17 am

Hello everyone!

Been lurking around here for a while, mostly active in the discord communities since I like the fast paced conversations, but I'll do my best to be more active!

Several years now

Lately it's been mostly taiwanese oolongs and dancongs, but I've been exploring more Japanese teas with the new harvest.

Some variation of gongfu with a small teapot.

Gain a better understanding of how processing and cultivars translate into the cup.

The introduction I had was rather shallow - I wanted to find green tea that has green liquor, but I've discovered so much more and I am still finding out new things all the time. The continuous discovery is one of the big reasons I am still around.

What is your location?
I'm based in Japan.
teamakers.art

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:43 am

Hello,

Just started drinking learning about and drinking tea a few years ago.

Dad was a random pot collector, and some ended up with me.
Am still trying learn about them. It hasn't been easy with the name stamps.

Frustrating but the history is so rewarding :)

These pots have gotten me to start bits of calligraphy and bonsai too, peace.

grumpyteamaker
debunix

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:44 am

Welcome!