Introduce Yourself

dodo

Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:59 am

Hi everyone, I'm Edoardo :)

How long have you been drinking tea?
I've been "actively" drinking only for a few weeks/months, I'm really a newbie in this world
What kind of tea do you drink?
I usually drink high oxidation teas like black tea. I also sometimes try rooibos or mixed leaves infuses
How do you prepare your tea?
I've always a classic glass teapot with a steel tea infuser. I've recently discovered a clay chinese teapot at home and I'm willing to try brew tea with it.
What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
The benefits and reasons behind using a clay teapot instead of a glass/porcelain one and above discovering new tea types.
What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I like interesting and beautiful objects, and the manual labor behind such beautiful artifacts lead me here.
What is your location?
Italy
pedant
Admin

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:38 pm

welcome!
Victoria
Admin

Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Welcome to TeaForum new members 🍃 Happy New Year
jojosyc

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:31 am

Hi everyone! Happy 2022!

How long have you been drinking tea? Seriously - since a year ago. Casually - since I was a child.

What kind of tea do you drink? Mostly oolong & puer but also have a small and growing collection of Japanese & Chinese red tea.

How do you prepare your tea? Mostly gongfu style with a yixing teapot or porcelain gaiwan

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? Storage, pairing teas with yixing clay

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there? Its taste, & Chinese culture.

What is your location? Singapore
Iroh

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:59 am

• Since I was 5.
  • Since I was 12.
  • For about a month

Just different stages of seriousness.

Almost anything, but trying to explore PuErhs now.

All the different ways, just depending on my purpose.

PuErhs, then white teas. And pots.

What is your location?
Grimstad. South tip of Norway. To US and other southerners, that translates to "roughly as far north as Anchorage, Alaska", but where I grew up translates to the alaskan north coast.

Why that user name?
My kids loved the TV series "The Last Airbender", and thought Uncle Iroh was a bit like me. That's a compliment, and so I took it as my username.
Last edited by Iroh on Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:55 am

Welcome international new members @jojosyc via Singapore and @Iroh hailing from Norway 🍃
surlyism

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 pm

Hello everyone. Been lurking around a bit for a while, but finally made it official.

Been a pretty hardcore green tea drinker for years now. Spend a lot of time traveling for work in Tokyo (well used to pre-Covid :( ) so probably caught the green tea bug there. Mostly drink Sencha with a preference for the richer, more umami forward styles. Getting a bit into Oolong as well, but def not very knowledgable in that world yet. A bit obsessed with collecting kyusu's at the moment, but trying to slow down till I can get back to Japan and do a proper tour of some pottery studios again to buy some new pieces direct from the makers.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @surlyism. Many Japanese tea drinkers and teaware collectors here :) Are you in the US or…?
surlyism

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:59 pm

Thanks! Located/stuck in the USA.
Neptune

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:31 am

Hello!

On and off for 37 years, but I've never really pulled the trigger on getting deep with it.

Non-herbal, non-flavored.

Infuser or tea pot. Looking forward to trying other methods.

I consider myself a beginner, so I'm looking to learn just about everything.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Diversity of flavors and brewing methods. There is a lot to appreciate.

What is your location?
Idaho.
Stevelaughs

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi, my name is Steven. Nice to meet you!

A few years now. My interest really developed over the course of the first year of the pandemic. So much to learn still. AGH!

A bit of everything, but mostly oolong.

usually Gongfu or glass brewing.

I am interested mostly in learning more about Wuyi Yancha, Fenghuang Dancong, Long Jing, and Sheng Pu'erh. I'm also deeply interested in learning more about terroir and cultivar.

What is your location?
I'm located just outside of Boston :)

What factors led you to delve into the world of tea?
I used to work in a restaurant that served fine tea. I was asked by my boss to do an educational presentation on our tea menu for staff. It turned into this huge thing that went way beyond the scope of a simple work presentation. But everyone loved it haha. I think that was the first time I realized how vast and unknowable the world of tea is...
Kartoffel

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:19 pm

Tea in general, about 30 years, Puer, for about a year.

A bit of everything

In a thermos bottle, long steeping with leaves added during the day.

Sheng Puer, especially older ones.

What is your location?
USA, born in Germany

What factors led you to delve into the world of tea?
I always preferred tea over coffee, but I never thought beyond black tea until recently. I tried some Yang Qing Hao and loved it, and am interested to learn more about higher quality puer tea.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.
Last edited by Kartoffel on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balthazar

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:10 pm

Welcome! Would have thought you were a Dane based on your nick :)
Jay
New user

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:55 am

Hi, I'm Jay and living in Austria. After quite some time of lurking around here I thought about registering myself to become part of the community. So let me introduce briefly.

I got into tea quite young. Starting by drinking some green tea bags with my dad. Later in highschool i got more and more into loose leaf tea. Still lower quality grocery store stuff, but it was already some improvement. Being curious I started to go deeper into the tea culture, beginning with japanese green teas and brewing them in a strainer and mug. Fast forward a few years I got curious about gong fu brewing so I got myself a gaiwan and tried it. That was the moment I fell into this deep rabbit hole XD, that was about three years ago. Aside from purely drinking tea, I also started to collect teaware.

I've been drinking tea for about 10 years now (I'm 22). And about three years into gong fu brewing.

What kind of tea are you drinking?
My daily drinker is Dian Hong and my favourite teas are taiwanese oolongs (especially the roasted ones), and young sheng puerh, though I just got into them recently, also the tea I brewed the most is aged white tea.

If I have the time I do gong fu brewing with an yixing/chaozhou teapot, otherwise I just use a gaiwan while studying, or grandpa style brewing. Sometimes I also enjoy boiling my aged white teas, especially in winter.

What knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Currently I'm diving further into the world of yixing teapots and I'm really interested in learning about and eventually starting to collect vintage yixing pots.

I'm really looking forward to some interesting discussions and learning more from all of you :)
snugray_P
New user

Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:02 pm

I'm new to forums so I apologize if my formatting is a little bit off.

I have been drink tea for around 2 years now, so kind of a newbie, but I've really began to enjoy it and feel like I'll be enjoying it for a long time to come.

I drink all kinds of teas, from really-oxidized black to a steamed fukamushi and matcha. I also really enjoy pu'er, oolongs, whites, all kinds of stuff! Even tisane's.

When it comes to preparation, I usuallly just brew my stuff in a kyusu. If I'm doing black tea, I'll probably does a western teapot, as I usually drink it with guests. Matcha, a bowl of course!

I'm interested in exploring diffrerent kinds of green teas and oolongs. I'm still new so I've got lots to learn, and listening to other knowledgable people who may know more than me will help me expand my tea world. I'm open to all kinds of teas, so I'm excited to see what I can discover.

The factors that are keeping me in the world of tea is. Well I don't really know. Tea is calming I suppose. It's a soul-beverage for me.

My location is the United States.

I'm excited to explore the forum :)