baldheadracing

Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:22 am

Hi. I'm Craig.

How long have you been drinking tea?
- I started buying higher-quality tea last year

What kind of tea do you drink?
- mostly sencha and gyokuro

How do you prepare your tea?
- carefully :-). Coffee was/is a big hobby of mine, and in espresso there is an emphasis on scales, thermometers, etc., especially when starting out as an aid towards consistency.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
- right now I am interested in the history of senchado

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
- I like the taste of some sencha/gyokuro. I really like the pottery, but I need to constrain my purchases :shock:.

What is your location?
- Ottawa, Canada
Victoria
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:30 am

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
tehtawar
New user

Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am

Hello there. I’m mostly a hongcha drinker and generally prefer medium to darker teas most of the time.
I live in europe but my username will tell you where my other half of the family is from and where I grew up.
Once upon a time I had a Teachat account – mostly for lurking, though.
debunix

Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:58 pm

Welcome!
gmack
New user

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Hi all. I'm Glenn

I've been drinking tea for 25+ years, though I've gotten really interested in Pu'er in the past two years.

Traditionally, I drank black tea in the morning, and did sessions of green, oolong, or white tea in the afternoon. More recently, I've been doing Pu'er sessions in the morning, and then whatever strikes my fancy in the afternoons.

Most often, I do gongfu sessions these days; in the past, I did western style brewing. I also occasionally do grandpa brewing, especially when I'm at work.

As I've said, I've been diving into the world sheng Pu'er, focusing this year on aged shengs. I've also been doing more heicha sessions, especially Tianjian (this is almost wholly new to me, so I haven't figured out much about it, other than it's really intriguing).

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I don't remember why I started drinking tea regularly. I remember reading books about tea in the mid 1990s and getting excited about exploring it. I then went through a long period of regular drinking but not much effort at exploring. I've recently been reaching out more and more to tea communities (here, elsewhere, and locally). I think what keeps me in the world of tea is a kind of curiosity. I want to know more about what kinds of flavors there are.

What is your location?
Rochester, NY
Victoria
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:07 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
Tri

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:40 am

Hi I’m Tri!

- 12 years give or take.

- Oolongs of all types and Sencha/gykuro.

- Porcelian Gaiwan and Yixing claypots ids the main ones I use.

- interested in Yixing pottery specifically as of right now.

- Started with sencha/gykuro, and have been drinking it ever since

What is your location?
- Florida, USA
ZigTheWiz
New user

Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Hey, I'm Ziggy.

I've been drinking tea for a few years now. I love all teas except for black tea. I use a metal infuser with an electric kettle. I mainly want to explore and learn about teas from all over the spectrum. I've always loved tea, and I've just gotten obsessed with it recently. I live in Wisconsin.
Bok
Vendor

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Welcome Tri and Zig! Have fun and many cuppas with us :)
tagheuer

Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:32 pm

Hi. I'm FP.

- I've been drinking teas on occasion since I was a teenager

- Mostly regularly available teas from the grocery store, but lately I've been more interested in japanese green teas.

- Just pour hot water from the kettle to a mug containing a tea bag.

- right now I am interested in deepen my knowledge on Japanese green teas, such as gyokuro and sencha

- I would like to explore in more in depth about gyokuro and sencha tastes and nuances

What is your location?
- Calgary, Canada
Victoria
Admin

Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:05 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
debunix

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm

tagheuer wrote:

- right now I am interested in deepen my knowledge on Japanese green teas, such as gyokuro and sencha

- I would like to explore in more in depth about gyokuro and sencha tastes and nuances
welcome! I think we can help out with some of your questions and exploring different ways to make tea!
tagheuer

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am

debunix wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm
tagheuer wrote:

welcome! I think we can help out with some of your questions and exploring different ways to make tea!
Thank you. I will be travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto next week and planning to go to Ippodo in Kyoto to try some of their offerings.

I've read and watched on youtube about Ippodo experiences, however I'm open to suggestions on other things related to Japanese tea while i'm there. TIA.
Bok
Vendor

Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm

tagheuer wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am
Thank you. I will be travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto next week and planning to go to Ippodo in Kyoto to try some of their offerings.
Prepare to be disappointed. While the shop in Kyoto is a nice old building, there is not much in it, trying is if I recall correctly also only possible in their attached tea room, possibly not all of their teas either. Not customary in Japan to be able to try before buy as it would be in China or Taiwan.

Still worth browsing the area, some nice antique and other shops nearby.

Buying tea in Japan is not so easy. Quite streamlined. I think we had some travel suggestions in an older thread somewhere.

Have fun there!