Introduce Yourself

Victoria
Admin

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @yettea and @falsesense. Looking forward to hearing more about your tea journey along the way 🍃.
Webley

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:34 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
Seriously for about 2 years. Before that, I wasn’t drinking real tea.
What kind of tea do you drink?
Mostly pu-erhs, but I also have a sampling of whites, blacks, oblongs and greens.
How do you prepare your tea?
Mostly gong fu. But on rare occasions I brew western style.
What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Some of the nuances of tea brewing and their many characteristics.
What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
The many varieties of tea and the desire to learn more about them.
What is your location?
Baltimore, Md. USA
pedant
Admin

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:04 pm

welcome, @Webley! :mrgreen:
debunix

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Welcome all, great to see new people here.
nrstooge
New user

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 pm

How long have you been drinking tea? Gosh.. since the 1980s in college

What kind of tea do you drink? Mostly black, oolong and green teas

How do you prepare your tea? usually in a mug with a strainer, but do use teapots, and other methods

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? Still always learning

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there? I've given up soda/pop so this is my daily choice of drink now.

What is your location Des Moines, Iowa, USA
emiron
New user

Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:09 am

Loose leaf tea for 30 years

2nd Flush darjeelings (although currently have a black from Shangri-La Estate in Nepal that is surprisingly good, and a good value); chinese greens; chinese, darjeeling and ceylon whites, taiwanese oolongs.

An infuser in a cup. Rarely gaiwan style for oolongs or greens.

I am always on the lookout for good tea recommendations

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Need a little caffeine, but coffee is too strong. I am enchanted by the world of flavors in tea.

What is your location?
Fort Collins, CO. I lived around the world, but moved here two years ago from Beijing. China was a wonderful place to explore teas.
skysamurai
New user

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Good afternoon from the midwest! I came here from Steepster. I used to love Steepster but the admins do not keep up with the site. I can't even post anymore. Anyway. I love all things tea. I prefer pure but I'll try almost anything once as long as it doesn't have sugar in it. Not against sugar but after drinking tea pure for so long sugar in tea just weirds me out :lol:

I just recently discovered Duck Sh*t oolong through Esteas and it's amazing! I love to discover new teas, new companies, and new info on tea. I have a tea info page on FB called TeaTiff where I go and find interesting things about tea. Feel free to join me if you want. Or don't. I dont care haha. I mainly do it because I love tea!
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @Webley, @nrstooge, @emiron, and @skysamurai. Looking forward to hearing about your tea journeys 🍃
Darbotek

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:29 pm

I'm from East Texas, so my whole life. Overbrewed (un)sweet black iced tea. But quality loose leaf for about 3 years.

Japanese green teas

Lovingly in a kyusu

Japanese tea wares and tetsubins.

peace of mind and to have a beverage to nerd out over that wasn't alcohol.

What is your location?
East Texas
twta500

Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:33 pm

Milk tea - forever. Tea tea - for a few months

High mountain oolong

clay teapot

tea types, teaware

walked into a tea shop in Taiwan and discovered that tea tastes good

What is your location?
California
pedant
Admin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 pm

hey, @twta500!

lots of new faces here. welcome, everyone :mrgreen:
Ginpachi

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:43 pm

A couple of years ago, I tried Japanese teas. Last year, I tried Puerh tea and Oolong. That woke my interest in tea. I was eager to find more about it and was astonished how vast the tea universe actually appears to be.

Regularly: Karigane, Koba Sannenbancha, Fu Cha, Puerh Cha, and Oolong
During summer: Benifuuki
Currently discovering: Kamairicha and Tamaryokucha

Either in a gaiwan or simply in a thermos.

Since Puerh tea really drew me in, I am currently exploring Kamairicha and Tamaryokucha to grasp the impact of the processing on the tea and how huge the spectrum of green teas (including young sheng puerh and green oolong) can be to my tongue.

The tea origins, as well as the (organic) farming methods in context of traditions and history of the areas are also topics I like to learn more about.

Further, it seems I start to develop an increasing interest in teaware... I find myself being fascinated by yaki ware I did not even recognize before. I feel mutating because of tea! :mrgreen:

It seems to me that tea is one of the few things left that transcends centuries if not millennia. While the farming and processing might have changed, the variety of tea plants is still rich (at least in China, I believe) - richer than the variety of, say, hops and barley in beer brewing Germany. Tea transcends time and space - and connects people, it seems to me.

As for this forum, I kept reading quite some interesting posts. That is why I decided to finally join the forum. It appears to be a pleasant place for sharing info and opinions.

What is your location?
Kassel, Germany

Thanks for letting me join and for making this forum possible!
Victoria
Admin

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @Ginpachi, @twta500, @Darbotek. Looking forward to your contributions and explorations. @Ginpachi I spent a memorable summer in Kassel decades ago studying with the artist Joseph Beuys and living above a pub, the stale beer and cigarette aroma still is at forefront of my memory bank. :) .
Ginpachi

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello Victoria,
thank you for the warm welcome.
That must have been quite a nice summer! I hope he was not a bad teacher and you had a great time studying under his care, so that the memories are good ones. Nowadays, people's memories of Kassel seem strangely related to traffic jams on the Autobahn :D
Bok
Vendor

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Victoria wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:10 pm
I spent a memorable summer in Kassel decades ago studying with the artist Joseph Beuys and living above a pub, the stale beer and cigarette aroma still is at forefront of my memory bank. :) .
Is Beuys not known in the US? That you felt compelled to add “artist” to his name surprised me, in Germany or probably all of Europe you only need to mention Beuys and everyone will know who, one of the most famous after war European modern artists!

Must have been very interesting to study under him!