Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:52 pm

welcome to the forum, @Jay and @snugray_P! :mrgreen:
Jay
New user

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:45 am

@pedant. Thank you very much :D
trexero

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:12 pm

Hi, I'm Trex from Germany. I've been into tea for about 6 years of my life now. In those years I've learned a lot and tea contributed to my life in a very positive way.
Currently I'm mostly drinking Pu Erh and Oolong teas with Gong Fu Style although I like many other teas as well.
I identify as a life longer learner so I'm always curious to learn more about tea no matter which aspect of it.
Tea has given me strength, relaxation and good friends. That's something I love about it.
Alexander
New user

Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:33 pm

Greetings from norway here, Im pretty much new to the world of tea, but Im reading a little about it and learning, singing was my passion for around twenty years, but I grew a little bored with it, so my new passion now, is tea, Ive always drunk alot of it and I liked the feeling of being close to nature and enjoy it, not sure yet, if Im going to start a tea-plantage out of country, but in the meantime I just enjoy drinking it, I made a thread about it another forum which got pretty popular, so people like drinking it, my favorite tea is black I think, with some sugar, bought a small kettle to have it in and serve which I use several times a day normally, the climate where I live isnt really suitable for teapants I think, but one can always grow one inside the house I guess in pots, so, happy to be here, I found this forum just now, I thought there were norwegian ones, but I couldnt find any
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexander
New user

Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Sorry, I didnt know I had to write here before posting anything, I was a singer for around twenty years, but I grew out of it sort of, so now my new passion is tea, Ive always drunk alot of it and people think its funny how much I really drink also, Im reading a little about it everyday and my favorite tea I think is black, the green one is a little bitter, I usually use just tapwater to make it and pour some sugar in it, but I know rainwater is the best since its softer
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedant
Admin

Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:37 pm

welcome!
Alexander
New user

Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:38 pm

pedant wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:37 pm
welcome!
Thanks
giammo82

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 am

Hello my names is giampiero i come from Italy, i work in Hospitality and food and beverage

How long have you been drinking tea?
Since when i was child i use to drink warm black tea for doing sport and activity

What kind of tea do you drink?
black tea and sencha tea

How do you prepare your tea?
Infuser or tea pot. Looking forward to trying other methods.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I consider myself a beginner, so I'm looking to learn and explore us much us i can

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
i dont know at the moment

What is your location?
i live in the centre of Italy next to Rome
pedant
Admin

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 pm

welcome, giampiero
Dez
New user

Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 am

I've been drinking tea for about 10 years.

I usually drink black tea but now I'm trying Pu'er.

Normally, I drink tea in a teapot but I just recently purchased a Gaiwan for Pu'er tea.

Good Pu'er teas at reasonable prices.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I really started drinking tea when Teavana had stores and loved their blends. After they closed I was just drinking PG tips and Typhoo. One day I stumbled upon William Waddington from TeaSource and I started purchasing from them. His passion for tea inspired me. More recently I found So-Han from West China Tea Company and his Youtube videos. Thanks to So-Han I now know how to, "listen to the tea".

What is your location?
Louisiana
RayClem

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:05 am

Hello everyone. My handle is RayClem.

How long have you been drinking tea? I am a senior citizen who has been drinking tea most of my life. Growing up in Virginia, most of the tea I have consumed has been iced tea prepared from Lipton tea bags containing orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea. In the South, people drink iced tea even in winter. I have occasionally consumed hot tea both black tea and green tea, but always prepared from tea bags. My only experience with loose leaf tea is drinking Jasmine Green tea in Chinese restaurants. I have always enjoyed that.

Recently I decided to learn all about high quality tea through forums like this one and watching videos on YouTube.

I have currently acquired about 20 loose leaf teas from China, Ceylon, India and Kenya. They include green, oolong, black, and Puerh. I have a white tea on order. I really like oolong teas due to the complexity of the aroma and taste, but I can enjoy all of them.

When I am drinking larger quantities of tea, I prepare it it a glass tea pot using Western style brewing. However, I also have a gaiwan that I use when brewing smaller quantities brewed gong fu style. I do not yet have a Chinese style tea pot, but will probably acquire one soon.

I love to learn, so I am acquiring as much knowledge as fast as I can.

I love complex, yet subtle, aromas and tastes. That makes tea an ideal medium.

What is your location?
I live in the suburbs of Chicago.
pedant
Admin

Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:54 pm

welcome!
Heliconia

Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:04 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been drinking tea for the last 10 years or so.

I like matcha, Japanese, and herbal teas

I used to prepare my teas the western way, using a mug and a full-sized infuser. I am now exploring more traditional ways to do so.

Health benefits of green and herbal teas.

I am fascinated by Japanese culture, and drinking tea is an aspect that I would like to learn more about. I am also a plant-based nutrition nerd and I would like to learn more about herbal teas

What is your location?

Texas, USA
TeaGrove

Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:52 am

I've always enjoyed Teatime. First they'll come for the cakes but soon stay for the caffeine ;)

At the moment I enjoy exploring and tasting new teas. Over the last year I've most enjoyed roasted Tieguanyin and I'm excited to try this year's Biluochun when it's ready.

I have fun trying out authentic methods for the tea I'm tasting. More often than not though it's either a large teapot or gaiwan/teatray.

Anything and everything! I want to learn as much as possible. Oh and if anyone has experience growing tea in a cold climate.

It marries most of my interests and it's an exciting way to explore the world from the comfort of home. I also just really like it!

What is your location?
Denmark
pedant
Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:36 pm

welcome!