Introduce Yourself

prcr

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Paulo from sunny Lisbon, Portugal.

How long have you been drinking tea?
Over 20 years now. I started drinking tea (mostly black and green) when I was in college to help me get through the frequent all-nighters to finish projects, or while studying for exams.

What kind of tea do you drink?
All kinds, but Chinese greens, Chinese and Taiwanese oolongs, and Chinese and Indian blacks are the ones I drink the most. I also enjoy a cup of Rooibos (not technically tea, I know) almost every evening after dinner.

How do you prepare your tea?
I typically brew a strong black tea western-style for breakfast, but I've been learning and practicing gong fu style brewing and that's how I drink most other teas during the day.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I want to keep on exploring more tea varieties and origins, and to discover good puerh tea (sheng and shou) that I grow to enjoy.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I'd say that the main factor is how tea helps me focus on whatever work or task I'm doing, and how it lightens my mood. Besides that, I find that focusing on all the aromas, flavors, and color of a cup of tea - or even better, going through the paces of a full gong fu session - helps me ground myself and is a much welcome pause in my daily routine.
Sleepy

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Proper tea (as in leaves, not them cheapo bags from supermarket) for about a month or two now.

I have currently tried puerh and oolong. Loving both of them. Can't wait to delve deeper and try more varieties and from different countries. Although next I want to try white tea.

I am on an extraordinary information-binge on yixing teapots, tea varieties and gongfu. I'm also trying to find a good teashop online.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

I fell head first after I made the decision to buy my husband a yixing teapot for our anniversary this year. I have always wanted to love teas, they smell so beautiful but every tea I have ever had, had to be drowned in milk and sugar to extinguish the evil bitter taste of it (sorry, this was my opinion on tea :oops: ). Then that pot arrived and I bought three different teas (puerh and 2 different oolongs). And goodness me, I have been missing out.

So now I have 2 yixing teapots, 2 in the mail and I'm also eyeballing 2 eBay listings. I may have a problem...

What is your location?

Finland
pedant
Admin

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:38 pm

welcome!
le_dudette
New user

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 am

Ive been more serious about drinking tea the last two years!

Loose-leaf baby! Although I'm willing to commit to a tea bag if there is nothing else available.

For quality teas, I use my gaiwan. For all the rest, a filter.

I'm an explorer, I'm taking courses here and there (mainly with Tea Drunk and Soy Te)

Great company and great discoveries.

What is your location?
México (Guadalajara)
Bok
Vendor

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:56 am

¡Bienvenida!
yinyautong

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi all tea lovers!

My name is Marco and I'm from Hong Kong but lately moved to Canada with a tons of my Puerh tea collections.

As a Hong Konger, I used to drink Chinese tea in Chinese restaurant since I was a children but what made me love tea, especially Puerh tea, was that in about 2015/2016, my friend treated me a few cup of 2000 Orange Cheong Tai (橙昌泰). The tea cake as shown in my profile picture. I wondered why it tasted so great!

Since then, I had visited different tea shops and met some other Puerh lovers in Hong Kong. As there is an old say that the older the Puerh, the tastier and more aroma of it. I started to collect Puerh cakes and have wanted to taste them one by one. I think it will be fun to watch my Puerhs grow.

So, Puerh is my favourite tea. And I love wine too. I've just started writing a blog to share my tea and wine experience. I've the second purpose for the blog - to improve my English. You're most welcome to visit and leave comments in the blog which the link is in below.

yinyautong.wordpress.com

Again. Nice to meet you! all tea lovers. Let's have a good cup of tea!
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:56 pm

:mrgreen: Welcome everyone, looking forward to you sharing your tea experiences with us.
LeoFox

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:26 am

helotea wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:21 am
Hello everyone

Nice to meet you here.
Let me introduce myself here. Thank you.

Share something about yourself and your tea experience so far, so that other members will know something about you and where you are coming from.

A few examples of what you might share:

I have been drinking Taiwan Oolong tea for more than 30 years as our family have been an Oolong tea whole seller for more than 30 years.

Taiwan Oolong tea, most of the time.

I normally use porcelain to make tea with a never-off oven to prepare hot water to brew tea.

All types of tea I am interested in .

To drink Tea makes me happy.

What is your location?
I am in Taiwan.

Hope I can make some friends and know more about tea and tea pots.

Have a great day.
What is name of company?
filipes

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi, I’m Filip, I like chinese red, I really like good smoked lapsang, also white tea.

I have a small zini teapot that I use with most teas, 3 chaozhou cups is all I need. Sometimes porcelain gaiwan for change.

I’d like to get more into chinese oolong, so far I was just stepping around.. also taiwanese teas.

I’m always looking for nuances in tea, connection with your inner self, magic of the moment..

I live happily in Prague, Czech Republic. Looking foward to get to know all of you here :)
teatray

Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:50 am

Since I was a kid, but I sometimes make long coffee pauses (currently drinking both, OKAY?). I remember participating in the Shincha-OTTI 2013 & getting more serious about preparing & sourcing then. (Thanks Chip for introducing me to Sencha all those years ago, via all your excellent work on TC!)

Sencha, hongcha, pu'er (newb exploring), currently.

Grandpa style, gongfu, whatever Japanese greens style is called, casual matcha (but my chawan broke :-().

Pu'er & other heicha; Chinese greens for cup brewing.

It tastes pretty amazing.

What is your location?

Sofia, Bulgaria
pedant
Admin

Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:38 am

welcome!
JournalerMarie

Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm

prcr wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:11 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Paulo from sunny Lisbon, Portugal.

[...]

I'd say that the main factor is how tea helps me focus on whatever work or task I'm doing, and how it lightens my mood. Besides that, I find that focusing on all the aromas, flavors, and color of a cup of tea - or even better, going through the paces of a full gong fu session - helps me ground myself and is a much welcome pause in my daily routine.
Welcome!

I also drink tea while working. I'm pursuing my Master's, so I spend a lot of time just sitting and reading. Tea is wonderful in that it is relaxing and helps me focus, but at the same time, the sensory experience of tea adds an element of adventure to my academic reading time.
teatray

Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:05 pm

JournalerMarie wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:18 pm
I would occasionally crave this tea that felt like the height of comfort and luxury to me, re-discovered that it was named "Lapsang Souchong," and kept trying to buy it again only to be disappointed every time by cupfuls that tasted like I'd scooped ash from the barbeque bit and mixed it into hot water.
Hehe, a bit of a reverse situation here. I first got acquainted with the super-smoky Lapsang Souchong commonly sold in the West (at least what they sold around Europe, years go). I really liked that one, incl. putting it in my gazapcho. When I tried to source it properly as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong from Wu Yi, I didn't expect I'd get a much milder tea (though very tasty, esp. grandpa style, I found). Been thinking of getting back to it this winter, but then, by accident, I tried a good smoky ripe pu'er (a Cha Tou from 2014), and yeah, I'm delving into that territory for a while :mrgreen:.
Teaglass
New user

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi! I'm new!

For a number of years but no expert.

Mostly Japanese greens and Indian teas

Kyusu for my Japanese teas and a tea pot for the Indian teas.

Where to buy and how to brew.

What is your location?
I'm from Canada.
mbanu

Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 am

Teaglass wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 pm
Hi! I'm new!
Welcome! Always nice to see another Indian tea fan. :)