Introduce Yourself

polezaivsani

Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:19 am

That's a plenty an endearing quest you're off to, @withoutAclue! And a sincere curiosity would sure get you plenty fun and the snobs in here (they aren't real ones, just trying to be protective of the yummier supplies of tea) would give you all advice you need.

If you'd ask me, I'd suggest to maybe go after the leaves alone this year and tarry with the pot. Delicious tea can be had with some water and a good company. Plus you might need some time to get accustomed before facing the gems and monsters lurking in the teaware section.

Cheers!
Aladriel

Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:00 am

Hi everyone!

How long have you been drinking tea?

I started drinking loose leaf red teas around 10 years ago and been falling ever deeper into the rabbit hole ever since.

What kind of tea do you drink?
Mostly hongcha, green tea in spring, but I'm slowly getting into Dancongs as well. Recently bought my first clay pot (hongni), whose muting effect made me realize that Heicha/Puers might be for me after all.

How do you prepare your tea?

Tetsubin for heating water, cheap porcelain gaiwan for brewing. Got myself my first clay pot a couple of weeks ago though.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Clay pots, while making sure of not falling too deep into the rabbit hole (which is a difficult endevaour haha)

What is your location?

Austria
Victoria
Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:20 pm

Welcome to TeaForum 🍃
Cyphrex

Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Been drinking sweet black tea as long as I can remember, only in the last few weeks have I branched out to other types.

I'm starting to really like the green and oolong teas.

Mostly in a tea infuser bottle.

Traditional Chinese and Japanese tea serving and the process that seems so calming.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Boosting metabolism, keeps caffeine headaches away. Energize the bosy

What is your location?
Central Texas
polezaivsani

Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:52 am

Welcome, @Cyphrex! These drinks can be plenty sweet with no sugar at all, though chai is great with sugar.
debunix

Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:41 pm

welcome!

once you have some idea of things that you might like, after browsing the site, you could PM people in order to conduct actual business privately in a way that your gift recipient cannot Google to track your final discussions....
Deli

Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:50 pm

Hi, I'm Deli. I roast and sell coffee by day, drink tea at night. I've been around tea my whole life growing up in a Chinese family, but only in the past year have I become more serious and curious about it. Currently green teas are my solid favorite, but I also enjoy wulongs, sheng puer, and white teas. Have not found a red tea I really love yet, and have not delved much into heicha yet.
mrmopu

Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:39 am

Hi Deli,

Welcome. Sounds like you are a two timer. :D
Coffee and tea. I kind of do the same thing. Glad to have you.

M
WeSteep
New user

Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:20 am

Hello tea lovers! My name is James and I just found TeaForum, and can't wait to explore more topics.
I am located in the US and my favorite teas are herbal teas, such as mint and echinacea. :D
mrmopu

Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:18 pm

Hello westeep , welcome in.
Briarward
New user

Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:30 am

Hi, my name is Briar. I have been drinking tea for around twenty years. I started with green tea then moved on to lightly roasted oolong an then heavily roasted oolong. Next I tried shou puerh and now drink sheng puerh.
I’m interested in learning more about tea and teaware. I find it is a never ending journey. I am largely just trying teas and am on a couple of groups on facebook. I drink tea everyday and have finally entirely given up coffee, ( afterall this time). I Ryan to be mindful when I brew but tend to stay away from the religious aspects of tea. I think being interested in gong fu brewing is a great hobby to have and find it gives me some sense of community. I started brewing western style but move on to gong fu brewing quite a while ago I started with t2 in australia and found gong fu brewing after watching don Mei’s videos. Ive lately been trying Vietnamese tea and read John Bicknels blogs. Apart from that I just try things and see if I like them.
Thank you for letting me join
Briar
debunix

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:51 pm

welcome. You should feel right at home here with those of us exploring and always finding new things to learn about so many aspects of Tea. Glad you could join us.
chaeric

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:59 am

Years, but never taken it too seriously before

Oolong, puer, green teas

Mostly with teapots

General information, puer and interested in teaware now

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Well...I've always like tea more than coffee. I could always drink more tea.

What is your location?
PNW
nowsharing

Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:05 pm

I've been into pu-erh for about 20 years, happy to have a place like this where like minded tea drinkers gather.
polezaivsani

Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:55 pm

@chaeric, @nowsharing, please, have a pillow or pull up a chair and join in! Just had a chuckle thinking how natural it'd be here to bear dozens years of drinking time and yet take it lightly, aged and jovial. Hm, or was it the bunch of assam leaves I've just had that made me giddy, never mind. We're happy to have you here!