pedant
Admin

Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:38 am

welcome!
JournalerMarie

Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm

prcr wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:11 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Paulo from sunny Lisbon, Portugal.

[...]

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I'd say that the main factor is how tea helps me focus on whatever work or task I'm doing, and how it lightens my mood. Besides that, I find that focusing on all the aromas, flavors, and color of a cup of tea - or even better, going through the paces of a full gong fu session - helps me ground myself and is a much welcome pause in my daily routine.
Welcome!

I also drink tea while working. I'm pursuing my Master's, so I spend a lot of time just sitting and reading. Tea is wonderful in that it is relaxing and helps me focus, but at the same time, the sensory experience of tea adds an element of adventure to my academic reading time.
teatray

Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:05 pm

JournalerMarie wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:18 pm
I would occasionally crave this tea that felt like the height of comfort and luxury to me, re-discovered that it was named "Lapsang Souchong," and kept trying to buy it again only to be disappointed every time by cupfuls that tasted like I'd scooped ash from the barbeque bit and mixed it into hot water.
Hehe, a bit of a reverse situation here. I first got acquainted with the super-smoky Lapsang Souchong commonly sold in the West (at least what they sold around Europe, years go). I really liked that one, incl. putting it in my gazapcho. When I tried to source it properly as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong from Wu Yi, I didn't expect I'd get a much milder tea (though very tasty, esp. grandpa style, I found). Been thinking of getting back to it this winter, but then, by accident, I tried a good smoky ripe pu'er (a Cha Tou from 2014), and yeah, I'm delving into that territory for a while :mrgreen:.
Teaglass
New user

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi! I'm new!

How long have you been drinking tea?
For a number of years but no expert.

What kind of tea do you drink?
Mostly Japanese greens and Indian teas

How do you prepare your tea?
Kyusu for my Japanese teas and a tea pot for the Indian teas.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Where to buy and how to brew.

What is your location?
I'm from Canada.
mbanu

Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 am

Teaglass wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 pm
Hi! I'm new!
Welcome! Always nice to see another Indian tea fan. :)
helotea
Vendor

Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:26 am

How long have you been drinking tea? I have been drinking oolong around 40 years

What kind of tea do you drink? I drink Tiwan Oolong most of the time.

How do you prepare your tea? Our family We have been a whole seller of Taiwan Oolong around 40 years. We have most of Taiwan tea you can find here .

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? what kind of Taiwan Oolong tea do foreigners like most?

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there? Our family has been doing this around 40 years. I like Taiwan Oolong . It makes me happy every day.

What is your location? Taiwan
Last edited by Victoria on Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: removed quotes
dodo

Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:59 am

Hi everyone, I'm Edoardo :)

I've been "actively" drinking only for a few weeks/months, I'm really a newbie in this world
I usually drink high oxidation teas like black tea. I also sometimes try rooibos or mixed leaves infuses
I've always a classic glass teapot with a steel tea infuser. I've recently discovered a clay chinese teapot at home and I'm willing to try brew tea with it.
The benefits and reasons behind using a clay teapot instead of a glass/porcelain one and above discovering new tea types.
What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I like interesting and beautiful objects, and the manual labor behind such beautiful artifacts lead me here.
What is your location?
Italy
pedant
Admin

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:38 pm

welcome!
Victoria
Admin

Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Welcome to TeaForum new members 🍃 Happy New Year
jojosyc

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:31 am

Hi everyone! Happy 2022!

How long have you been drinking tea? Seriously - since a year ago. Casually - since I was a child.

What kind of tea do you drink? Mostly oolong & puer but also have a small and growing collection of Japanese & Chinese red tea.

How do you prepare your tea? Mostly gongfu style with a yixing teapot or porcelain gaiwan

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? Storage, pairing teas with yixing clay

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there? Its taste, & Chinese culture.

What is your location? Singapore
Iroh
New user

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:59 am

• Since I was 5.
  • Since I was 12.
  • For about a month

Just different stages of seriousness.

Almost anything, but trying to explore PuErhs now.

All the different ways, just depending on my purpose.

PuErhs, then white teas. And pots.

What is your location?
Grimstad. South tip of Norway. To US and other southerners, that translates to "roughly as far north as Anchorage, Alaska", but where I grew up translates to the alaskan north coast.

Why that user name?
My kids loved the TV series "The Last Airbender", and thought Uncle Iroh was a bit like me. That's a compliment, and so I took it as my username.
Last edited by Iroh on Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:55 am

Welcome international new members @jojosyc via Singapore and @Iroh hailing from Norway 🍃
surlyism

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 pm

Hello everyone. Been lurking around a bit for a while, but finally made it official.

Been a pretty hardcore green tea drinker for years now. Spend a lot of time traveling for work in Tokyo (well used to pre-Covid :( ) so probably caught the green tea bug there. Mostly drink Sencha with a preference for the richer, more umami forward styles. Getting a bit into Oolong as well, but def not very knowledgable in that world yet. A bit obsessed with collecting kyusu's at the moment, but trying to slow down till I can get back to Japan and do a proper tour of some pottery studios again to buy some new pieces direct from the makers.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @surlyism. Many Japanese tea drinkers and teaware collectors here :) Are you in the US or…?
surlyism

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:59 pm

Thanks! Located/stuck in the USA.